Trust

Old 06-15-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fighting for happiness

Trust

for once in my life evrything was going fine and this time instead of my A being the one who missed up it is me. I know this really hs nothing to really trurly do with drinking but i have no where else to turn.

i hurt my mom by lieing to her about my boyfriend and i don't know what to do

i knew she dosen't like him so i was scared to tell her i was dating him and i just made it worse now she can't even look at me
iknow there are alot of mothers out there help

my whole life even when my father was drinking and druging she was there

WHAT DO I DO

on a happier note my A father has not had a drinkin 5 weeks sunday and i have my daddy back just in time for fathers day
Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A Mom can get irritated by their child's BEHAVIOR, but never, never does it change the way they feel about their children. Just the fact that your Mom doesn't like your boyfriend tells me she probably sees something about him that you may not and doesn't want you to get hurt. Try an apology and if she wants to talk about it, try really LISTENING and understanding what she says. You don't have to agree, you just have to understand the message she is trying to get across. You say she was there for your whole life, with problems of her own, that says LOVE to me. Good luck, and hugs work wonders too. A Mom.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hi Elle,
I'm a Mom too and I would suggest that you tell her just what you told us. That you know that you hurt her badly by lying to her and that you are deeply sorry and most importantly, that you'll never lie to her again. Explain to her why you did it and then really listen to what she has to say. I agree with what Wanttobefree said. I know that you might not realize it, but when you lie to someone, it's not only being dishonest, so that you can't be trusted, but it also implies that you don't trust the person that you are lying to. This is just my humble imput. You sound like a wonderful daughter to me.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a mom and I too suggest that you talk to your mom; tell her how you feel in your heart. You wrote that your mom doesn't like your new boyfriend. Does she have valid reasons for not liking him? Just something to think about. Glad to hear that your dad is doing well. Hope your family has a happy Father's Day.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

As a mom, when my son lies to me it makes me feel like we don't really know each other. That hurts cause I like to imagine we're very, very close.

Just some food for thought.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Ditto, from a Mom in Cali
Old 06-16-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fighting for happiness

thanks all

my boyfriend or what ever you want to call him is the only person who has ever really been there for me other than my mom we have known each other for two and a half years he was there for me every time my dad got arrested and was there last time before the emts even got there my mom dose not like him because she thinks he is a loser and isn't doing nothing with his life and will only hold me back....

as i have explaned to her this is not a long term thing it is only for right now (i go to college in a differnt state)

i say this without saying it... maybe she is right but i have to find out for my self i think we can all say that safety is very hard to find in our lives and for the frist time in a long time i feel safe like i can just stop runing ... it's nice ... i'm happy

ethier way i am getting to know every inch of my room...

i know this really has nothing to do with are A's but i have no where else to turn to that is [art of that running thing

Last edited by Ellelove89; 06-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

It's also hard for a mom to see another person take up huge space in their child's life. Remember it's hard to let your kids become adults ... to lose them in a way.

You're a good daughter for caring.