in sickness, in health, blah, blah

Old 06-15-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think reading these posts just speaks for itself. Looks to me like we are all good people, just trying to be the best we can be in the situation we are in. I know I do not want to hurt anyone else, although a good kick in the pants to the A wouldn't keep me up nights. I read something interesting yesterday, we can look at these nightmarish people as master teachers, because we are surely learning a lot about love, forgiveness, empathy and compassion. I am a better person for this lesson. I appreciate the opportunity to learn this lesson, but I am looking forward to class being over. I don't think that's a horrible thing to say, do you?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

My grandpa died a few years ago. I was the only one who cried at his viewing, I stared at my foot and thought about my dog during the funeral. The pastor sadi nothing kind about my grandpa. It was the strangest thing.
My grandpa was a drunk before I was born. My dad has always hated him. He lived several hours away and when I saw him he was never mean to me but I didn't see the ugly side nor notice it when it was exposed to me, He was my grandpa, just figured that's how he was.
My grandma is a wonderful lady. Church going, God fearing, loving, compassionate. Just the perfect grammie. I didn't understand why she was smiling at his funeral. I knew by then that grandpa was a creep. A mean old dry drunk. A month or so ago grammie was here with my auntie and my second cousins. They are 13 and 8. THe 8 year old was talking about how my grandpa was always mean to him and yelling at him and calling him names. My grandma said that she waould have left him when HER kids were little but she didn't make enough money (as it was uncommon to divorce back then as well). She said she did what she had promised God she would do. She took care of grandpa like she was supposed to. She said now however not to waste your life being unhappy. She said God didn't put us here to be unhappy. She believes in divorce. It was wierd to hear all these things but I think about it all the time. Grammie is 76 years old and is now the happiest she has been in 56 years. I am not married but she says she worries that I will waste my life like she did on my A. It runs through my head all the time. Marriage and just love in general should be a give and take not just a give, give, give, give, give to them and they take you for granted.
That is just my thoughts on things.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think we need to consider our spiritual death. I know I stayed with my ex until I was spiritually deader than a doornail.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

wow.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

my goodness!~ Thank you everyone for sharing so much wison and advice and comments. I have been dealing twith this very thought over the last few weeks. And I didnt have an aswer......now I do, THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE>

I sooooo love this place called SR.....if was a godly design if I ever saw one.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(Mallowcup) It is amazing to me but I have felt a spiritual awakening stirring the last couple of weeks within me. I had stopped feeding that aspect of myself and it felt like it had died off. But, I guess in tuff times it just went dorment. Only now that I am watering my life it is showing signs of life as well. I see buds growing, LOL
Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

When I said the words "I do" - I did NOT mean that I would do it all.....