Here's your chance,,,,to expose POSITIVE perceptions

Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here's your chance,,,,to expose POSITIVE perceptions

We spend so much time being serious, pouring out our pain, talking through our confussion, crying out for help, that we sometimes forget, how we are perceived by others.

Even in this one dimensional world.

I for one, have very POSITIVE perceptions of EVERYONE who makes SR what it is.

So, lets have some fun for a change and build ourselves up. I think we'll be surprise what we find out about each other,,and more importantly, ourselves,,

What is your POSITIVE perception of the person above or below you in this thread?

And if you think I set this up so I would be first, your ABSOLUTELY right,,,,he,he,he

Peace
Old 06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

Thanks--I think this is great. I have to say that sometimes I get confused here--
what I mean is that I know there are a lot of folks that are here but that aren't the actual alcoholic or drug addict.
Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't respond to certain posts because I am the "one" with the problem I don't want anyone to feel "invaded" upon......
I hope this is coming out correctly--

*bottom line is I have read some AMAZING posts from *you* and despite what our actual issues are, I have learned a lot from you. You've helped me look at my past (ouch) and I thank you
Old 06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!

I think it takes AMAZING courage for the A's on SR to come into the family nad friends room to get a glimpse of the "other side"

I go to the A's threads ALL the time to understand them, and feel the same way you do, afraid to step on toes. But have feel like I've gotten to "know" them too.

EVERYONE is welcomed in this thread, POSITIVE perception

Cali, my positive perception of you is your a trail blazer. A pioneer blazing the way for others to follow.

Peace
Old 06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're curious. And that will get you a long way, I think.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Minnie the most inspiring individual who tells it like it is and love her for it!

Love ya sweetness
Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
My positive perception of cali is that she's a trooper in recovery, she couldn't be kept down by our disease.

And as far as you go CE Girl, anybody from Newbury can't be half bad;-) Lol (I lived in the Point Of Pines, Revere for a short time. Love the north shore.) OK, seriously, I appreciate your curiosity towards recovery and the inspiration that shines through in your posts.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh gosh, astro. well, i've said this before, but i will say it again. you provide us one of the greatest services we have here at family and friends. you keep us real, very real-sometimes a lot more real than we wish to be. i think you and taz, glassprisoner, just to name a few give us a perspective that we could never have. it is hard to be in denial of our circumstances with you all around. you give us the hope of recovery. i am always humbled by your presence
Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I gotta do Rella,,,,

You got "survivor written ALL over you girl. Ever think of trying out for the show?!?!? Your experiences have show you what life is all about and you don't take one day for granted. You see the gift

ASTRO, my dear ASTRO, if your from Revere, you don't pronounce it right,,LOL. My positive perception of you is you got a WICKED humor. When I first came to SR, I was like "janitor"?!?!? What the *&$%!!!!Turns out, your a good "sweeper" and get right to the clean floor. Can always count on you getting to the point

Peace
Old 06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by CE Girl View Post
ASTRO, my dear ASTRO, if your from Revere, you don't pronounce it right,,LOL. My positive perception of you is you got a WICKED humor. When I first came to SR, I was like "janitor"?!?!? What the *&$%!!!!
You crack me up CE! Nuuubawwwyyy and Reveeeaaaa;-) I empty the trash and restock the bathrooms at my AA hall, so janitor seemed appropriate.

My positive perception of ALL of you on F&F is this: YOU are the survivors, God only knows how you put up with our sh_ _ for so long. There are no second chances for me, sobriety is it. By sharing your experience, strength, and hope you provide me with the inspiration to carry on, remain teachable, and be ever vigilant about my recovery.

THANK YOU!

Scott
Old 06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I'll do positive perception of hopeangel: You are gracious. You understand the importance of gratitude.You know how to keep it real. You seek understanding for a better way to live and it is paying off for you. I'd love to just sit in the shade and spend time with you because I feel I would come away happy.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ASTRO

I have to say this about Astro....I'am astounded by the way that you create this atmosphere in SR where one can feel instantly better by the few words you say- I have learned so much from you and the other side and how my behavior and reactions have contributed to your disease, as well as mine.

Astro you are a true inspiring strength of wealth and knowledge! I'm so happy to have had you come across my path in this life!

Hugs to all in SR! Amazing strength all around in here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hugs.jpg (30.5 KB, 87 views)
Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Spiritual....

Though I do not know you well, you always seem to have a soft and strange as it seems "quiet" way of offering your ESH, you reach out to people lovingly across the forms and seem to understand the foundations we are all working from.

Thank you for sharing with us.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Cynay-I love the way you "tell it like it is" tempered with just the right amount of empathy. You are smart and you quickly comprehend the core of the matter. You come across as dedicated + devoted to your beliefs. You have a strong + generous spirit that you freely share. I enjoy your posts and look forward to many more
Old 06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cynay

I have to say that I have learned alot from Cynay is a very genuine individual-I have learned alot from her posts-she is straight forward but does it so graciously with alot of empathy and compassion! A beautiful butterfly ....
Attached Images
File Type: gif
flower13.gif (3.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 06-06-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My positive perception of Rella is that she's always got a way of giving someone a kind word and encouragement. Sorta like the basics of Buddhism, not to harm your fellow man/woman in any way if possible. Peaceful and gentle.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You crack me up CE! Nuuubawwwyyy and Reveeeaaaa;-)
Ya, well I live on the island, theres no e or r in Plum Island, we can say it proper while we're driving our caaaaaa over the causeway

Astro, Your an ispiiration of humbleness and humilty. And man, do you KNOW how to work your program. Your compassion and wisdom is evident in your posts to the A's new to recovery. The positive perception I have of you is based on how you "check" yourself in your own stage of recovery and make sure your comments are geared toward the posters.

Peace
Old 06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Question: When you drive your caaa over the causeway, do you paak yow caaa at the baaa, put a qwata in da meta, and go inter the baa for a beaaa?? (do you park your car at the bar, put a quarter in the meter, and go into the bar for a beer?)

CE, thank you for shining a light on this day and warming our hearts with an encouraging post. You definitely built me up today!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

Thanks CE this has been a great post. It's interesting to read how others view us..

I am new here so I don't "know" many of you yet-but I will say to Astro;
"what I see is what I get"--You seem very genuine, "true blue". I admire that.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Astro helps remind me that change is a process and can only happen if you are honestly working on yourself!

Thanks for always sharing your stories and reaching out to everyone in need! You were especially kind and welcoming when I first arrived here!!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Aztche is a teacher, a "natural' compassionate human being. My hats off to you, other than parenting, shaping the future of our universe is the toughest job in the world. I for one, want to THANK YOU

Cali, you like lemon lime floats!! You sure ain't from Boston, it's Root BeEr here!! My positive perception? Your a survivor, workng hard to overcome the obstacles and still knows how to have fun!!!

HINT: If you don't "know" much about the poster above or below, click on their name and go read some of their posts. You'll come up with P + P in no time