Here's your chance,,,,to expose POSITIVE perceptions

Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

CE: What I really find postive about you is that you always seem to be very honest - even when it's hard for you. You're upfront, but not harsh. And it appears that you really do keep a pretty positive outlook on things! I find that is hard to maintain sometimes in our recovery, but you seem to keep on doing it which tells me that you are well on your way!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

SS, your most positive trait to me is your perserverance. You have been around here for longer than me questioning yourself, questioning your motives, questioning everything. I love that about you! And I also love that you are one of the few posters on this board who is even more long-winded and wordy than me! Your self-exploration has inspired me in my own. Thank you for that.

L
Old 06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

I have a very positive perception of someone that is not on this thread yet-so in the spirit of not putting someone "on the spot" I will say that this person helped me tremendously this morning--was very warm, gentle and kind.
The type of person I want in my corner

So if "you" read this you probably know who you are--join in cause you're awesome
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ok, so I gotta do the "catch up"

And oh brother, talk about IMTIMIDATED by not ONE but TWO grand dames of SR

SS and LTD YOU are MY heroines!!! Simply put, if you two did not chase me around these threads in my "early codie" days, I'd be still keeping on keeping on,,,Your "wordy" (your kidding right LTD?!?!?) posts are full of compassion and just the right amount of dope slapping to make us newbies shut up and LISTEN!!! My P+P of you two, a gift from the spirits

Hey an honorable mention to Bravery
Is that you pic girl?!?! Your one pretty lady

cali, My P+P about you is you'd try a root beer float ANYTIME!!!! LOL. I'm REALLY getting to like seeing you around these days. Simple and insightful.

Peace
Old 06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CE Girl View Post
Your "wordy" (your kidding right LTD?!?!?) posts
Yes, I was kidding. I sometimes forget to put the LOL in there, sorry CE and Standing Strong.

Grand dame???? heehee

L
Old 06-08-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Yes, I was kidding. I sometimes forget to put the LOL in there, sorry CE and Standing Strong.

Grand dame???? heehee

L

Thoreau?

You KNOW he is all about Walden Pond right LTD? I've been there, and as a native, I got to tell ya, that man know from what he writes. One of the GREATEST, simpliest, know's what it's all about, poets of our times. And to think, from a west coast girl ,,he,he,he

My P+P of LTD? You are a woman wise beyond her years

Peace

Last edited by CE Girl; 06-08-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

chero -dear chero - you make me proud girl! to me you equal survivor plain and simple

CE girl - you've brightened my days and put a smile on my face with your kick a@@ quirky injun hexs and humor your my girl!

cynay, you welcomed me to this board and have come to many mine and others defenses. you always set things straight. in you i see a good volunerablity, you have never let any of your experiences harden your heart

astro - you are wisdom

spirtitual seeker - i'd love to spend time talking with you also as i believe you have a way of seeking and finding the "more" in life.

lateeda - i can honestly say your sometimes blunt, honest, and real post have challenged me and helped me the most. you have really made me examine myself.

satit - you don't mix words at all and i love that!!! you got it together.

rella, sweet rel, your thirst for knowledge and open mindedness i love. there is not a judgementel harsh bone in your body. you are compassion to me.

cali, you are someone i look very much forward to knowing more

queentree - you never seem to quit or give up. you are a doer to me. you are a giver.

parentrecovers - to me you equal unconditional love

inthisforme - i have a new word for you tonight -bravery - and you truly are in this for you! you are someone who truly knows who you are.

standingstrong -you HAVE kept me standing strong!

Bravery - you are someone with direction and knows what you must do

Last edited by hopeangel; 06-09-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

japic

the camel says it all. i've always appreciated your post.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

In this for Me - you are ALWAYS there to encourage me when i hit a rough spot - thank you for that....and it was fun going back and forth with the song thread - good to be able to laugh..

CE - we have been in the same place several times so far on our journeys....thanks for the encouragement to keep plowing forward

chero - you strike me as being very kind and sweet - thank you for all of your support - we will all get there - with eachothers help.

denny57 - thank you for your gentle, but firm observations - they are usually right on the money

jeez....i could keep going, and going....I JUST LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

kglast

your going to make it. you have what it takes!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

hopeangel - i sure hope you are right! i think i have what it takes most days.....seem to be bouncing back quicker now so i guess that is good!

hopeangel - thank you for your gentle encouragement....
Old 06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

kglast:
What I find positive about you is that you give such effort in your recovery.
Yes, you may slip and fall sometimes - but you see the reality and you are striving for a better life.
I guess maybe in you, I remember some of where I used to be.
And in remembering that - I know that you can and will come out ahead - just as I did.
So keep on working on you!
Recovery truly is a postive - and you, my friend, deserve that serenity!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
full of hope

SS, I just look for the dog! When I see Snoopy standing there I know I'm about to read something great!

You always help us see what our clouded vision keeps us from seeing--the truth! Thanks for sharing, caring, and standing tall enough for us to see you through the clouds!

And KG!! My new friend!! You are doing soo great! It's amazing to see such progress in such a short time! You encourage and inspire me!! Keep up the good work--YOU are worth it!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

chero, you are such a giving person which truly is a positive. In caring for others, your character is showing. Genuine kind and nice people seem hard to find in this world sometimes, but I believe that you are one of them.

I heard a saying once that said:
When someone loves you - it should feel like it.
Somehow I imagine that those in your life know you love them and feel it as well.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

SS You are an example of what its like to come out the other end

I wanna be JUST LIKE you when I grow up,,,lol

I'm so happy to see this thread is still going. I know for me, it's an oasis from the intensity of the "serious" threads and reminds me of what I LOVE about SR.

I still think its better than sliced bread,,,

Peace