Why can't it just work out

Old 05-31-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fighting for happiness

Question Why can't it just work out

All is going good or had been my dad is doing every thing the court is tellling me but this time he wants to. When every thing just seems to be okay and is starting to work out as it shouls I hit a bump( in the mind of a teenager a mountain). My boyfriend or what ever he is now has told me we should just be friends because of the way I have been acting ... I was having a hard time with every thing with my dad so I was leaning on him. Why can't every thing just work, I mean I know you have to work for it but dose that mean I have to work this hard. I guess by now I should be used to pain.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel used to pain. I hope you find some comfort in knowing that others share your pain and are praying for you.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

The older I get, the more I realize that the road of life is filled with pot holes and bumps. But it's also filled with lots of good things, too. Sometimes it's hard to focus on what's good in our life when everything around us seems to be falling apart. Alanon helped me learn how to minimize the bad and focus on the good. Have you tried Alateen?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fighting for happiness

The alateen and alanon in my area are in a place and time I just can not get to. Thank you formerr doormat for pointing out the good is always there too. I am going on a trip by muself just to get away for a few weeks or maybe even the summer so we'll see. I know the good comes with the bad but why this hurt so bad is I was there for him because he has an A in his life too. If anything I have learned how to stand up for myself and lay down and take it so theres the good.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ellelove89 View Post
The alateen and alanon in my area are in a place and time I just can not get to. Thank you formerr doormat for pointing out the good is always there too. I am going on a trip by muself just to get away for a few weeks or maybe even the summer so we'll see. I know the good comes with the bad but why this hurt so bad is I was there for him because he has an A in his life too. If anything I have learned how to stand up for myself and lay down and take it so theres the good.
Maybe you should not take it so personally. Maybe he has enough problems of his own and just can't deal with yours.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Maybe your boyfriend's decision to move on is your HP's way of clearing the way for someone new to enter into your life. Someone who's better suited for you in the long term. Often times, something that I initially thought was a loss opened a door to a better life or a better relationship for me down the road. Blessings come in all forms. Sometimes they hide as bumps in the road.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Elle love,
There will always be a mountain. It never stops. If you find yourself without a mountain, get ready! One will be along shortly. Even the simplest things, I am realizing, are usually surrounded by little, annoying complications.

You want to open a can of dog food to feed your dog, and you cut your finger. You head into the bathroom to get a Band Aid, and you bump into the toilet paper roll, which is resting on the holder, not with the holder actually through the hole. The TP falls into the toilet, you fish it out with your toilet brush, accidentally making a puddle on the floor. YOu turn to dump the wet thing into the trash bag behind you and slip in the puddle and bang your shin on the track of the shower door. Meanwhile in the kitchen, the dog, who got tired of patiently waiting for his dinner jumped up on the counter, knocking over the dirty dishes, and has tilted the wet food on it's side, so the gravy is traveling across the counter and dripping onto the carpet. When you limp into the room, still trying to stop the bleeding from your cut finger, and he sees you, he tries to jump down off the counter, but his paws are slippery from the gravy so he miscalculates and lands on his back, which concerns you greatly so you rush him off to the Emergency Vet!

See what I mean? All because you wanted to give your dog some food! Why does it all have to be so complicated, why can't anything be simple? Now you have a cut finger, a bruised shin, a big vet bill (but your dogs OK) a carpet cleaner bill, broken dishes, and you are all out of toilet paper! Pain in the butt!

Not that any of this compares to losing your boyfriend. If he is not interested in the deeper level of a relationship that you want, he probably isn't the one for you! It seems like you need that deeper connection, and you should not settle for less! Just read up on all us dummies who gave years away to someone who we settled for! Don't do it! Run Away!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pencil Pusher,

How true it all is, very nicely said! Esecially the part about "don't do it! Run!"
Old 06-01-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

I say this all the time, sometimes life has to suck or you wouldn't realize when it is good.

I'm sure there is a more profound way to put that but I'm not all that profound.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Why can't every thing just work
I've felt that way. But then I realized what I really felt was "Why can't every thing just work out the way I want it to."

Once you learn to let go, and roll with the punches, trusting that God is going to take you somewhere nice, it gets sooooooo much easier.

I agree with the suggestion about alano/alateen. There's a lot of comfort there if only in knowing others share your pain and experience, that you're not the only one this ever happened to.