When will I realize I can't fix her?

Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When will I realize I can't fix her?

The rational part of me believes everything you are all saying about letting my twin sister fall, knowing we can't fix them, etc. What I want to know is, when will this sink in? It hurts so badly that my stomach hurts and my fingertips tingle. And when I feel this bad I need to tell my best friend, my twin. The only problem is that I don't know where she is or if I'll ever get her back. So, I need someone to tell me when this is going to get better or get worse. Or maybe just tell me how long this nightmare could last. I just want to wake up. She is destroying her life. Why? It all seemed to happen so fast. How can I back off when I feel she is an extension of me? Please tell me....
Old 05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Because you are twins, I can't give you your answers.
How can I back off when I feel she is an extension of me?
For that reason you will feel things that we won't but the truth still remains the same...
When she is ready and makes her own choices is when she will stop.

When you find that the pain of trying to help her is more then the pain of letting her find that place she will start making better choices... you will start to let go.
I can only think that it must be extra hard on you because you are a twin.
My prayers go out for you both.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I was hoping to hear from someone so that I could go to sleep knowing people care. I appreciate your words. Hopefully I can stop crying sometime soon!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hugs and prayers Twinsis! It's so hard to watch a loved one spiral out of control and know there isn't anything you can do to stop it. I pray one day your sister realizes how lucky she is to have you!

I'm thinking of you! I hope you are getting some much needed rest tonight!

(((((TWINSIS)))))
Old 05-28-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(((Twin))) As Chero said this is hard to watch someone you love spin out of control- I went through this with my brother and my X. It was a bit harder wtih my X because I was so deeply involved. With my brother it was difficult as well but it was a bit easier to detach from his chaos. (Maybe because I was dealing with so much of the chaos with the X at the same time who knows?!)

I watched my brother destroy his life for so long as my entire family did-most of us were able to come to a point and detach from him, the problem remained my mother (and who would not watching their son!) Finally, when my mother was the last of us to detach-he spiraled all the way to the ground-and finally saw for himself that he needed recovery!

My mother is a twin so I can relate a tiny bit of how you must feel- my mom and her twin are attached-emotionally it just happens. Try to do your best to take care of you and send prayers and love to her- (She will know!)

My prayers and thoughts are with you! (((((hugs)))))