You know you've lost the plot when.......

Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Minnie for starting this. I needed to laugh but really it is sad.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

when you fight to stay awake because the hunger has kicked in and he decided to cook.... smells of hot oil burning fill the house because (oh my gosh) he is frying something!!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
full of hope

OMG! I needed this today! I was starting to forget why I left!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

When I started to think about believing that alcohol DID actually 'coat the stomach' and thus was far more effective at treating upset stomach than Pepto..so THATS why he drinks!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

LOL,
I too have hidden bottles of booze because I was fed-up of one small G&T costing me £12 ($20ish) as the rest of the bottle would disappear.

...............when you find yourself routing through the rubbish (several times during the day) to count how many beers he's had.

...............when you are lying awake, forcing yourself not to sleep and trying to work out at 2am if he has passed out again yet so that you can creep down and close and lock the back doors, turn off all the televisions, music and lights etc, because when you went down at 12.30 he was not passed out enough and it just set him off again.....

.......when you are lying awake at night designing the building work you need to have done on your house to install a lockable internal door and box in the stairwell so that you can go to sleep, lock the door and not have nightmares about burglers/worse strolling into your house through the open, floodlit back door, stepping over your comatose husband and gaining access to your possessions, you and your baby.

...............when you seriously consider that the assertions of your spouse that he did not fall on to and break the window while you were out might have some merit. Despite you coming home to find him passed out on the floor of the bedroom, covered in blood with cuts on his hand and a trail of blood from the broken window to where he lay (his preferred explanations were a) what broken window? and b) his brother did it).

................when you take time off of work to clear the house of empty cans hidden/not hidden for when his familly visit because you don't want them to think he's an alcoholic (DUH!).
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great stuff, guys and gals!

Ceri - I did the tidying thing. In fact, I started a thread on that very thing in my early days here. A little lightbulb moment, in fact, when I realised I was doing it out of my own shame.

.......when I decided I'd had enough and was leaving him (after throwing an empty bottle of wine at his head and only just missing) and went into town the next day for some space. He tracked me down, carrying a bag of (supposedly sexy) clothes he'd bought me, saying he'd packed a bag of my toiletries and he was taking me away for the night and wouldn't take no for an answer. And I went!!! Even though my gut was telling me NO. And I stayed for another 3 months. I shudder when I think of that incident - in hindsight, he was crazy (but not physically violent) and he could have taken me anywhere and done anything. But even crazier was the fact that I didn't listen to what my intuition was telling me.

Man, I was insane back then. What kind of life was that?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How about when you are as sick as a dog and the MD has prescribed cough medicine with codeine so you don't COUGH UP A LUNG and when you go to take your prescribed dose, you get a nice shot of good ol' H20!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

LOL!! I had a prescription of Tylenol 3 that I only took if I screwed up my back. Guess how happy I was when I really needed one and discovered they were all gone?
I mean for cryin out loud.... I'm in agony and she's feeling no pain at all!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You know you've lost the plot when.......

you find yourself driving all over the place in the dead of night looking for him.

you've called your Mom to come watch your kid's at 11:00 pm so you could drop your A's clothes off at his friend's house (where's passed out AGAIN) to find in the morning.

You find your face laying against the cold glass staring hard into the blackness of night, waiting, listening, for him to come home.

You find yourself justifying and making excuses for him.

And then it gets even worse.................

You know you're really bordering insanity when.....

You plug his nose at night as he's snoring - and enjoy him gasping for breathe.

You find yourself sobbing in a fetal position - hiding in the bathroom from your children even though they can hear you - because you've just hung up the phone with your A after another major verbal assault.

You're face is all broken out from stress, you're losing weight dangerously fast, you've aged dramatically, and are falling apart at the seams.

And then you try to blow him up at a gas station!

Thank God I am no longer living the insanity!!!!!!!!!