Grandson in Recovery

Old 05-21-2007, 11:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grandson in Recovery

As I posted on my last letter to you,today was the day my Granson went to the Doctors. Everything went very well. He is in good health,for now. Some of his blood was taken and there were some abnormalities there.The Doctor assured me it would be of normal value for someone who drinks.
I was encouraged by the Doctor that there was help for my Grandson. He referred us to a good Psychologist who deals with Alcoholism as a Disease. I understand he was once an Alcoholic as well.

My Grandson has agreed to go into the Hospital for a 3 day detoxification.I feel this is the safest way to handle him stopping the Alcohol abruptly. The Doctor set it all up for him and he was admitted tonight.That is the reason I am online so late!

Everything seems to be moving forward. I shall write again when I have more information,or need more information from the forum.
I am feeling sad tonight.The house seems so empty without him here.I was preparing for him to leave next year.He still has his final year of college ahead of him.I am having empty nest syndrome at 71!

My daughter is here with me. She is a good Mother. I worry more about her than myself as she blames and questions herself like any other Mother does.
It is hard for her. Still we all have each other and we are a close family.We will survive this bump in the road just like everyother trial we have made it through.Rosalie
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

How lucky your daughter and grandson are.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
full of hope

Best Wishes, Rosalie!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I miss my grandmother! Yes, your daughter and grandson are very lucky. Keep posting.