A very Happy Mother's Day

Old 05-10-2003, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A very Happy Mother's Day

to all you Mom's out there. I hope that your loved ones treat you like the Queens that you are. If they don't...then treat yourself like a Queen, you all deserve it.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-10-2003, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((Gabe)))))))))

And a happy Mother's day to you and to everyone!

Lyn
Old 05-11-2003, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Gabe from one Queen to another!!!!

Wishing each and everyone of the Mom's a very special day!

Pamper yourselves,
matters
Old 05-11-2003, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL

Jewel
Old 05-11-2003, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sitting here proudly wearing my crown!

Happy Mother's Day to all!
Old 05-11-2003, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful moms out there.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

oops, my crown slipped a little.
there we go.
"ahem, I degree fellow queens that in each part of the country we represent, your day be as special as each of you, rule
yourselves well with a kind heart and spirit. This is our
day, kick back and relax as only a queen has that right and
duty to ourselves. "

your fellow queen
in love
liddy
Old 05-11-2003, 07:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh get this

The text from the card that my eldest son gave me. I think I'm going to read this every day for the rest of my life.

"There are so many things I wish for you...
I wish you time to explore what interests you,
to do something you enjoy.
I wish you,
the contentment of knowing
that who you are
adds to the quality of the lives you touch.
I wish you the freedom to choose
where you want to spend your energy
and the satisfaction of knowing you're appreciated
And my greatest wish for you
is for the peace of mind
that comes with knowing you did the right things
for me and for our family.
That's the greatest gift any Mother can give."

Oh...I'm teary again. Isn't he just the best son a Mother could have? Not to forget my other two wonders who made me feel like a very loved Mother on Mother's Day. I am blessed. I have three fabulous children.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-12-2003, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have such great kids!

I just had to tell you all what my kids did for me for Mother's day. First off, my 2 youngest daughters went together and got me a Tiara! Can you believe it? It's beautiful with diamonds and pearls (I'm sure they are real!)

My 2nd daughter (handicapped), colored me a pretty picture. Then my son got me an alarm clock/cd player, since my alarm clock sounds so horrible. Very thoughtful, I thought.

I have to tell you a little story before I tell you what my oldest daughter got me. I've been reading the "Dilemma of the Alcoholic Marriage", and I've read a few exerpts from it to her, so she acted on it. One lady had said the way she handles her anger, when her husband does something to her, was to go outside to dig holes in the yard. She took a shovel and imagined she was digging his grave! She dug up quite a huge section over a period of time, and realized she'd tilled up enough to plant a flower garden. She planted seeds, and ended up taking flowers to her al-anon friends at the meetings. When she pulled weeds, she imagined herself pulling out his hair. I thought it was so funny, I shared the story with my daughter. I also told her I wanted to get my Courtyard started this year, and maybe this was a good way to get motivated.

So, for Mother's day, she got me a shovel (she put a little note on it saying "for gravedigging"), and a little rake-thingy (for covering up evidence), a little bulb-transplanter (for transplanting evidence when something is pushing up daisies) and a little trowel (for pulling out hair), and a pair of gardening gloves (so I don't leave fingerprints). Also a book to sit back and read, when I'm all done. Isn't she sweet--not to mention hilarious! Of course, I can't share any of this with Squinty.

They all took me out for lunch, and then 2 of my daughters and I drove to my Mom's grave to put flowers on it, then went for hot fudge sundaes! A new tradition!

Last night, I just sat in my chair, with my lampe berger burning apple and carmel fragrance, sipping hot tea, and wearing my Tiara. I truly did feel like a Queen!

Hope everyone's day was as great as mine!

Hugs,
Lyn
Old 05-12-2003, 07:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gabe - your card just brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful words.

And Lyn - LOL - you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "recovery garden".
Old 05-12-2003, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I also had a nice Mother's day. My daughter made me a card that was quite beautiful. I went to church and got a carnation. My son bought me a nice card and a DVD of the Speed Racer cartoon that was my favorite when I was a kid! My husband spent the whole day painting the bathroom and cooking us a nice dinner. He also bought me a Mother's Day cake. We actually SAT around the dinner table and talked while we were eating(this never happens, we usually go in separate directions). And although some of the "talk" was of the arguing variety, I still enjoyed the occasion all the same. I should mention that my husband was drinking all this time, so inspite of that, it was a nice day. As we were having dinner I was looking around the table and thinking, well we are not perfect, but we are a family. Did I forget to mention that on saturday I went shopping and found a nice silver ring for myself? Happy Mother's Day to me!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Rose}}

Yeahh!!! Happy Mother's Day. . You make me laugh, because I do the same thing, thinking "we may be disfunctional, but we ARE family!!".
Old 05-12-2003, 02:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yay Lyn! You got your tiara!

I absolutely LOVE the whole gardening thing. If I had known about this when I had a yard (I'm in a condo now) I think there would have been more holes than grass, front and back.
Glad to hear everyone's stories about Mother's Day. Our kids are the jewels in our crowns.
Peace,
Gabe