What a strange couple of weeks

Old 05-17-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a strange couple of weeks

My AH has been NOT partying, at all and has done an about face when it comes to work, it is almost frightening, he has been really devoted and helpful when it comes to family life, and keeps saying he doesn't want to loose me to someone else. This is really weird. I don't know if he is still using or not, I am just waiting for the big bomb! The time when he will leave, no one will know when he is coming back, where he is at or something to that sort. I can't help but be so negative, but this has happened (just not to this extent) before. I guess I will just wait and watch, and we will go on with our lives at hand. The kids are doing great, my son is researching colleges and my daughter is thinking about summer fun ( oh to be 11 again!). They are not really effected by his lack of drinking to my knowledge, my son and I talked just today over lunch and he says Dad is always moody, and always will be, he stated that he will work very hard in his life to NOT end up like him. I told him that they broke the mold when it came to him. He is a very special kid, with alot of sense. I am very proud, but none the less still weirded out by my husband. Do you think this is maybe a change, or just a phase????
Old 05-17-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can only speak from my experience. Two weeks was NOTHING for my A. He could do it, but yup, one day, just as I was getting used to the "normal" all hell would break loose. No warning. Just would come home and he'd be drunk again. The cycle would begin again.

I never knew how to handle it either. suspicious, smelling his breath, looking for the bottle, worrying if he went to get a coffee, even wondering if he really WAS going to the meeting? All the time, my tummy would be in knots, head spinning and realing, and my core all discombobilated and confused. TWISTING. True codie behaviour.

Just my experience.

The waiting sucks

Hugs FLWR

Peace
Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup, guess that is it, my codependent ways are shining through today Huh! More of that rollercoaster ride I hate so much. I will have to work on that again, and again....its just neverending is it?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You know, as ironic as it is, I guess the only way we can "recover" too is to never STOP working our program,,,

Is it safe ot say, once a codie always a codie?

Peace
Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, you are so right

It lasted about 2 weeks today, and now he is going out to a dance at a rodeo with his (single) friend and his friend's date. He did call at the last minute and ask if I want to go, I really don't want to be around him, he is slurring already and disgusts me when he is that messed up. So here I sit at home waiting on my son to come home from a Birthday party, two of his friends turn 18 today. I guess I got my hopes up by thinking that his family really meant something to him. So much for that thought. I do however have plans with my 11 yr old daughter tommorow to go shopping with her and a couple of her friends and then later go watch them practice softball. Sometimes it would be easier if he would get thrown in jail or something. Then I wouldn't have to put up with him for a while. I could be on my own and not have to worry with him.
One of these days, just maybe I will get the nerve to leave and stay away from this craziness.