SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   amazing (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/123128-amazing.html)

Sunflower 05-09-2007 10:25 PM

amazing

1 Attachment(s)
Today my AS in recovery--and I sat and talked just talked--nothing special--but it was soooo special...I still can't get over the transformation.It seemed to bring back the feelings about what we always liked about each other as a mother/son. He spoke of his future-his boundries(good ones to) in a very mellow way and tone.Not much anxiety noted...made us lunch..it was nice. I kept thinking how much I wished that could/would happen for some of you...I never thought it would for me--and with my whole heart I wish it for all of you.

It was clear to me sitting across the table from him-watching and listening--that I will never tell him he may have caused this neck thing I have.

Maybe the bottom will drop out tomorrow--I still think that way--but with each passing month I feel more assured-this is gonna be the time he has really made it.
How blest am I to see this?

chero 05-10-2007 02:42 AM

Oh, Sun, please pass me a tissue!! That's great!! I'm so happy for you both!!

(((((((SUNFLOWER)))))))

parentrecovers 05-10-2007 06:19 AM

i'm so very happy for you and your son, sunflower. i know what you mean about appreciating the "calmness" of recovery. i find it to be one of the best rewards. blessings, k

Sunflower 05-10-2007 04:31 PM

Thanks guys--its funny you don't get many replies when you talk about the good things that can happen-or about a good recovery--oh well I am going to enjoy it--took 14 years for it to happen!
My son told me today that on his anniversary date-Oct18th he wants to do something special--any idea????
Also I heard HIM giving advise to a friend about a bad relationship he is having with an addict.His friend has been involved with this girl for years and she has really messedup his life--my son told him''''well just like with my drinking one day you are just gonna wake up and say thats it this is killing me"""and stop'''
I almost peed my pants!I still find it amazing!

Zoey 05-10-2007 04:34 PM

Happy for you sunflower
Caring hugs and love to you both

mallowcup 05-10-2007 05:06 PM

I wasn't sure that what I wanted to say about it was appropriate. I wouldn't want it taken the wrong way. The other day when you had the meltdown, I knew it was leading to something unexplainable. It's obvious that your son loves you very much.
I think you had to be in that "place", to have expereinced what you are talking about in this one. Everything is OK and you know it. I sense your tranquility. Sometimes we pound the ground and we say we can't taken any more, God agrees.

havehopetoday 05-10-2007 05:25 PM

Sunflower, how absolutely wonderful for you. I am so happy for your peace of mind.

DesertEyes 05-10-2007 08:02 PM

Hey Sunflower,

Originally Posted by Sunflower (Post 1326704)
Thanks guys--its funny you don't get many replies when you talk about the good things that can happen-or about a good recovery--...!

That's cuz we're too busy crying and making noises like a goose ;)

Thank you so much for sharing that. I hope my ex finds recovery some day. I still adore the woman she used to be and hearing stories like yours gives me hope. Our marriage is over but she deserves to have a recovery like your son's.

thanx again

Mike :)

Sunflower 05-11-2007 10:07 AM

as I said before--I just wish all of you could have what I felt on that day--you so deserve it!!I just wanted you to see that sometimes it can happen---will it last? only time will tell...but God it's beautiful

Sunflower 05-11-2007 10:09 AM

mallow---do you think it was me just finally letting go?My meltdown I mean.

Grace 05-11-2007 01:14 PM

Wonderful and beautiful! Your prayers are being answered, Sunflower!