feeling much better now

Old 05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

feeling much better now

well, he called a little while ago....and sad, hopeful me picked up the phone hoping he was sober ( i had heard he was at church today, etc ) and of course, he wasn't. had an attitude right away and is screaming and yelling about the same old things, beating the same old horse (poor horse....) all while telling me he loves me with all of his heart and soul, his whole being....so then i asked him to please talk to me with respect and not scream - then he argues over whether or not he is screaming and that he is just frustrated and can't i stop being so sensitive and deal with it. GRRR....well, here is the motivation i needed to keep moving forward, i guess. i am not interested in arguing any more. and since he is obviously still drinking, there is no point in trying to get through to him...interesting he never calls when he is sober...and very hurtful. he had an attitude the second i picked up the phone - what a disappointment.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm sorry kg, i've been there too. but you're right, he'd call you when he was sober if he actually wanted to hae an adult conversation. can you make it clear that you won't take his phone calls anymore until he stops drinking? these convos are the worst... i always end up feeling terrible afterwards.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So Sorry for your pain,,,,,it is so hard to let go.....
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Animated Frog.gif (22.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-06-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

ITFM - i guess that is what i am going to have to do. of course, he just left me a nasty voice mail as well. calling me names and telling me that i am just trying to bury him and make myself look good, that i can't communicate (HA) and he hopes that i meet someone so low on the food chain that they can communicate with me - then proceeds to tell me he hasn't even had that much to drink and how do i like that. i think i will forward the voice mail to his mother - he is burying himself. i can't believe this is the person who is supposed to love me!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

don't hurt his mother--she is also losing him to the alcohol.
everything he is saying is crap-and he probably soesn't even remember saying it 10 minutes later. Just take care of yourself--and don't answer that phone and set yourself up for more pain,even if he leaves messages--delete them--don't listen to them--I know this is hard to do-but it will help you--maybe even him.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Christian Angel.gif (40.9 KB, 12 views)