Thankful and scared at same time

Old 05-07-2003, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Thankful and scared at same time

The story continues.....

Daughter called yesterday and said she had been relapsing and that she needed help. Said she wanted inpatient help. I said, "Thank you, Lord." Felt so relieved. We talked and she was at her outpatient clinic getting advice from the doctor there. They recommeded a place several states away. She said ok, hesitantly, but still ok. There was lots of crying on her end, struggling so with this decision.

Then last night she called and said she wasn't sure this was the right thing to do. That some of her friends (AA) had told her that she didn't need treatment. Plus they told her she would be there 3 months. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH! She was backing out.

She was to call me this a.m. after contacting the doc at outpatient, but I had to call and wake her up. I knew the doc at outpatient was the only one who could get through to her. After a ROLLERCOASTER RIDE of a day, she came back around (after talk w/ doc) that she would go, but she is just plain scared.

What is wrong with me? I should be thrilled she is going, but I'm scared for her. 3 states away and she thinks she's going to be there for months. I don't think it will be that long as she has already had outpatient. I don't know. I am thankful, but I guess the ole mama in me is having a very hard time letting go.

And I know there are mothers here who would kill for their kids to agree to treatment. I know that and I want to slap myself and tell myself to snap out of this. Be grateful. I am grateful. I guess it's my tender heart that breaks when I hear her crying like a child saying, "I'm scared."

Please pray for her and this treatment. Please pray that this time she'll get it. We go tomorrow.

Thank you guys for being here. Your support means more than you'll ever know.

Love,

Hangin' In
Old 05-07-2003, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Yeah!!

I am so happy for you and your daughter. I pray that she takes full advantage of this treatment. Everything that she has been going through -this may well be her bottom. I know how much she wants to live a healthy/happy life and I couldn't be happier that she has decided to go. This is much better than her own apartment. Your a great Mom.

DMOM
Old 05-07-2003, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

****{Hangin'}}}

This is a good thing. But no matter what she's your baby. She's scared, you are scared for her but things will be fine.

You and your daughter are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-07-2003, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep the faith pal,

I know this is hard, but it could just be the beginning of a beautiful new life. You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. There is a candle lit in my house tonight for the both of you.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 05-07-2003, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hangin',

Once you get her checked in where you know she is safe and secure you might just find that it is really a big relief to have a day and then more with out the hassle and the worry!!! It will probably take a few days to get used to it. But then you may get REALLY used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending you a BIG HUG ****** Hangin' In}}} and lots and lots of

PRAYERS that everything will go alright for your daughter.

They are always going to be our babies and feeling the way you do is completely normal. When they cry, we are sad and cry too.

Wishing both of you all the best!
matters
Old 05-07-2003, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((Hangin' In))))))

You and your daughter are in my prayers!

Lyn
Old 05-08-2003, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hangin-in,

Excellent news, for you and your daughter, I sincerley hope everything goes well, it sounds like your daughter wants this for herself and that is great news.

Let them go and they come back.

My love and prayers are with you both.

Hugs
Jewel
Old 05-08-2003, 04:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hangin'

A three month program is a good thing, and this may save her life, so don't be afraid, just keep praying and trust that this is a gift.

I'm sending my hugs and prayers too.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I agree with Ann...the longer the better. I am happy for your daughter Hangin'. She used the tools that have been given to her to get the help she knows she needs. Scared? Heck yeah...if I was her I would be scared. If I was you...I would be relieved. I am much more scared when he is NOT contained somewhere.

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-08-2003, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Hangin In
If this is what is suppose to happen for your daughters
recovery- then it will !! It will be hard on you to be seperated
I know but she will be in a good place doing what she needs
to do to get well and you will have less worry about what she
might be up to on the outside. She needs the tools to get well
and stay that way.