Take a time out ...

Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Wink Take a time out ...

and take a deep breathe this is from a book everyone should have in their possession-Codependent no more-By: Melody Beattie-This book is about “stopping the pain and gaining control of your life” (This is in the introduction and I just LOVE IT)

Once upon a time a woman moved into a cave in the mountains to study with a guru. She wanted she said to learn everything there was to know. The guru supplied her with stacks of books and left her alone so she could study. Every morning, the guru returned to the cave to monitor the woman’s progress. In his hand, he carried a heavy wooden cane. Each morning, he asked her the same question: “Have you learned everything there is to know yet?” Each morning, her answer was the same “No” she said “I haven’t” The guru would then strike her over the head with his cane. This scenario repeated itself for months. One day the guru entered the cave and asked the same question, he heard the same answer, and raised his cane to hit her in the same way, but the woman grabbed the cane from the guru, stopping the assault in midair.

Relieved to end the daily batterings but feeling reprisal, the woman looked up at the guru to her surprise, the guru smiled. “Congratulations” he said, “you have graduated you know everything you need to know” “How’s that?” the woman asked. “You have learned that you will never know everything there is to know,” he replied “and you have learned how to stop the pain”

I know that I along with many people in here this week have a had a bit of the “crazies” this week-a slight melt down if you will- I sit here this morning praying that they do not let my x A out of jail this morning-and pray that my HP will guide me through the challenge of protecting myself if they do. I feel like I did when I was with him and I hate where I'am hence why he is no longer with me. I do not like this place-and hope never to return ever again when this passes.

I picked up this book last night and again this morning as I so often do when this happens and tonight I will be attending an Al-Anon meeting! Hang in there everyone-it is all up hill from here! (((Hugs))) all around
Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

great story - loved the ending
Old 04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks rella - what an uplifting story! perfect.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
full of hope

That was so good! I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to stock up on that one and others!! THANKS!!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

right--when you think you have arrived--its a good sign you haven't!!!
I have read this book it is excellent..reading is also a good distraction
Attached Images
File Type: gif
cutecat.gif (18.5 KB, 13 views)