Husband is Out

Old 04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's called projection and denial.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steve11694 View Post
Tazman 53 May I ask you a question? I don't know if you have exerience or know someone that does.

Lets assume one active alcoholic that is hammered by the disease and has the unfortunate bahaviors such as irritability, anger, hostility when drunk, drama, super nast hurtful words to people close; would move in with another active alcoholic. Would the 2 argue nd/or fight due to htis behavior or do they not care as long as there is booze? I recall when my aw was looking for a roomate she seemed to know which friends had a dring problem and avoided living with them. She recognized drinking problems in others but not in herself.

If anyone else can reflect on this issue I owuld also appreciate it.

And thank ou for your honesty and insight.

I don't no about avoiding them (my exAH seems to "find" them....maybe not to live with, but to socialize with them. I think because he feels his drinking is "normal" around them). I did notice that he said "he saw the signs" in my sister (before the rest of us knew she was an A) and she said the same about him! (WHAT "signs",they never said...I still don't know). Of course each of them thinks they don't have a problem but the other does....they are both wrong and right . My kids and I found that interesting.

He has developed those other traits you mentioned, and they seem to be starting to impact his life with others than just the kids and I now.