STOP Reaching out to him "little h" ;-)

Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

STOP Reaching out to him "little h" ;-)

It's difficult for me to stop catching myself reaching out to him to help. I had purchased this book for him before he broke up and today I though oh, I need to give this to him....
But, I caught myself in time....doesnt matter what books I buy, how good they might have been, how much help it might have provided.
"Let it go" let him walk out his destiny. If part of his destiny is to find this book then he will....
"Stop looking back" keep my face set like a flint....forward!~
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Best thing in the world for you and him!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

I'm right there with ya, sthrnraizd!

My Ex had bought me a clatter ring - cuz he never had enough stones to propose until I was kicking him out.

Anyway, I smashed the thing and paper clipped it to an email he once wrote me that I had printed out. The email contained a list of promises, which were all broken by him:

1. I promise to attend 2 AA meetings for the rest of my life.
2. I promise to be honest with you about what I am feeling.
3. I promise to never lie to you about drinking or anything else.

etc.

Well, while cleaning the other day I came across it. I immediately grabbed an envelope, stuck the flattened and broken clatter ring paper clipped to the email of broken promises inside and started to write his address on the back of the envelope.

Well, I stopped myself. Then, I called my best friend and asked her if she thought it was alright to send.

Her answer - NO! He needs to know I'm moving on. He needs to know I'm focusing on myself and not him. He needs to know he doesn't have a chance in h*ll of having me in his life again.

Time for the game to end. I never wanted to play a game, just enjoy experiencing life together with him...I now know that can never happen.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took my "hooking, full of promises" diamond ring sold it and bought a freezer. To heck with giving him back his ring, at least the freezer will deliver on it's promises.

Earthworm
Old 04-26-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i catch myself doing things like that all the time! like even little things, like i heard this story, or wanting to share some good news - and i always want to call my A! but, i usually take a break from it for a few minutes, and decide whether or not i really want to follow through... and i haven't lately. i just don't see the point anymore - i only end up being hurt.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Reaching out to help.
Ive always loved those words.

I help people with finanical issues, thats my job. If someone needs advising on finances, planning, or insurance. Im the first one offering help. Thats my job! Im trained in this arena and know my stuff...so Im all over that..me me me...I want to help!

Now, If someone needed help changing the oil in their car or say, needed singing lessons, I would not be offering any help. Simply because, there is nothing I could do to help them!

Sometimes its good for me to remind myself that just because I care and have compassion for someones problem, doesnt mean Im equipped to help them with it.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It takes a long time and a lot of hardwork and willpower to keep out of their lives--sounds like you are doing a great job. You could always sent in with no return address-and someone else filling out the label--if you think he should read it--there was a reason the book was put in your path as well--2 ways to look at it....