Today I miss my Mom

Old 04-26-2007, 02:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I miss my Mom

Strange huh???

My Mom was the Raging Alcoholic in my growing years..... The reason for my Theraphy in my early Adulthood ..... and my friend at the end years of her life.

Today, when I want to cry and feel alone and lost.... I just miss my Mom.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Cynay!

My mother is driving me crazy right now, and her addictions to pain relievers throughout my life may be the reason I am codependent, and my sister is a drug addict.

But I know for sure that I need to set boundaries and be patient; because, she is my mother and I will also miss her terribly when she is gone.
Maybe you just need to go somewhere and cry and talk to your Mom.

I am sending you hugs and prayers ((((((((((((((((Cynay)))))))))))))))))))))
Old 04-26-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'm grateful you were able to find peace with your mama in later years.

i believe she knows exactly how you feel, right now, this very minute and will send you a sign of love.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Cynay)))) Just a big hug for you!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Its good you were able to build a better relationship with her in her later years. I hope you find some comfort today.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

((((HUGS CYNAY))))

Glad that you found peace with your Mom-it makes it a bit better for our own well being but we never stop the missing-

I miss my Dad (A) and my husband (Non A & the light of my life)

(((SUPER BLESSINGS AND HUGS CYNAY))))
Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry, Cynay. I really miss my mom a lot lately,too. (She died 20yrs ago last week.) We never get too old to need our mom's unconditional love...I'm a lucky one who had that.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I miss my mom and my step-mom.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Joi

It doesn't matter how old you get, your mom triggers that one place reserved inside that no one else can reach. Unashamedly embrace that part of yourself as it serves as the nucleus of your strength.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I miss my Mom often too, but I'm so grateful she was able to see her grandchildren born before she passed away. Every time I think of her she's holding my baby daughter in her lap. *Sigh* Those were precious moments indeed.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Cynay))))

I too have been missing my mom soooo much lately. She passed away in Aug2006 , so this will be the first mother's day without her.....I would love to be able to talk to her again ........ I pray to God each day to tell her "hello", and she is in my dreams a lot.

I am glad you made peace with your mom.........
Old 04-26-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cmc

****{Cynay}}}
I'm sorry you're feeling that way today....here's a hug from me. I miss my mom too and sometimes it catches me by surprise just how much I miss her.
Y'know what? That part of her that was reconciled in friendship is still with you, and you pass that on to all who know you and most of all you pass that 'wonderful mommy love' into your own child. That kind of love just recycles itself- and keeps growing- it never dies.

Last edited by cmc; 04-26-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: added hugs
Old 04-26-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mike
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This is a wise thread and a lesson to learn for all of us---you only get one mother(maybe 2 if you have a step mom)--love them while they are here---try as hard as you can to reconsile like Cynay did--cause nothing is worse than mourning someone you have unresolved issues with.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Cynay. Like others have said, at least you made peace with your mom while you still had the chance. I hope your spirits lift. Hugs.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh Cynay.... I'm so sad that you miss your mom but so happy that you were close at the end and you can remember and love her that way. That is a gift for you.

My dad was a great dad. He was always very supportive and understanding and great, being a salesguy, was very upbeat and positive. When I was about 10 or 11 he and my mom began to uncover all the garbage that had grown onto them - she was bulimic and he was an ACoA. They both spent time in "the hospital" (our family's codename for "rehab.") He worked his program so hard for decades - I thought all these great little sayings were actually his till I started going to Al-Anon, etc. a couple of months ago. (He had a saying for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, either from AA stuff or from his upbringing in the south.)

He was on his way down from Oregon to visit (for the first time in a couple of years) and see my brother's baby girl for the very first time when a woman (on an apparently lethal dose of methamphetamine and zanax) driving in the wrong lane of Interstate 5 killed them both. That was a little over a year ago.

There have been quite a few times in my new beginning journey with "the program" that I have missed him so much - he had so much wisdom to pass on. He was probably a great sponsor for many people. I had a great dad. I miss him a lot now. For about the first 6 months he was gone I was just so grateful that I had such a great dad that I didn't really even get to the greiving part. The more time goes by the more it seems I miss him.

I was sad that my dad never got to see me coach my daughter's softball team. My uncle reminded me that for all we know, maybe he did see it.