Hi. Stopped by to have an anxiety attack

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

pull up a chair lol This is my total vent freakout for today ...

Son's school called. They are suspending him for Thursday and Friday. Why they think this is a punishment is beyond me. He called one of the teachers an ahole. He says he didn't. He is like 40 days away from graduation. He swears he is going to pass all of his classes and graduate on time. I hope so. I hope so.

I STILL have not heard from the first job I interviewed for. Since the first initial phone screen with HR until today, this has been going on for over a month! ARGH! It's been eight business days since the final interview. ARGH! ARGH! Help! I'm turning into a pirate!

The other job I interviewed for last week - the person is on vacation so if I have a follow-up it will be next week. ARGH!

I have someone looking at the house at 3 to possibly buy it. I have another person coming at six to maybe rent the downstairs.

When am I going to get a break here? I've been treading water for so long even though I've been trying so hard.

Boo hoo for me.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((WantsOut)))

Stupid recovery saying: God never gives us more than we can handle.

Sometimes I hate hearing that, but so far it's been true in every situation I've been up against.

Next one: This too shall pass.

And I know it will. Hang in there.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well just remind the Son that if he does not pass... Summer School is his next step... and let him take care of it... no worry there.

Im doing the same thing with the job issue, dont think about the ones you have done interviews for ... put the focus on new ones and just keep going hon.

Now that is a good Idea to rent the downstairs for now...

Today you are going to get a break.... that is when, now lets figure out what the break is.... eating Chocolate in a bubblie bath????

Luv Ya
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My friend says, "God, doesn't give us more than we can handle, but she thinks he has her mixed up with someone else. I have those days too.

Get good references on renters, BTDT
Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

ok someone else called interested in the apartment. Coming late tonight. I hope they are looking for May 1. That would be very good.

I find credit checks work better than references. People can be pressured into good refs, but the numbers never lie.

It's the job stuff that's killing me. Why is it taking so long? Once again i say argh! :P
Old 04-25-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

What am I going to do for me? Maybe I'll go get some of that lotion that makes you look tan. At least the new tenants will think I'm a jetsetting lady of leisure instead of a lady who has run out of unemployment.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

by the way, wantsout - i love what you named this thread...so casual!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

everything will fall into place soon enough, and you'll wonder why you worried!

it sounds like you'll have someone to rent your downstairs apartment, and i have a feeling the perfect job for you will show its face soon!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

From your keyboard to God's ears, ITFM.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

My brother sent me a quote once from Mother Theresa -

"God never gives you more than you can handle - I just wish He didn't trust me so much"

Feel that way? Some days I do too. Will send some prayers up for the job & house issues - Chocolate, a bubble bath and tanning lotion sounds like good medicine.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ok I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the''more than we can handle''thing is not true....
Sounds like you have it coming at you from all directions and you are overwhelmed--you have every right to be!!
Its just like a kid to add more fire to the furnace when you are already hanging by a thread!!!!
You don't have to 'pretend' to be anyone other than who you are!!
Which as far as I can tell is a very strong woman!!!
Whatever happens--you will come out the other side
I tend to like the saying
"that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger"" fits better
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Frog1.gif (7.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wants, even if you don't get a job today or tomorrow, doesn't mean you won't get one down the road... maybe the job that you're meant to have - your dream job - has someone in it's place right now, so your shoes aren't able to fill it. you never know how quickly things can change though!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

God can't show us his way if we keep trying to figure it out for Him. I think sometimes we are brought to a place where we have no choice but to throw our hands in the air because we can't possibly figure it out for ourselves. There is a job just for you, your son has his own tensions with all of this and the housing situation will straighten itself out. You never know who will show up to rent or buy, that could lead to a job or something else. I think the message is this, Gods got it, He knows no degree of difficulty, when we are steering in a determined direction, sometimes he grabs the wheel. This might be a good time to calm down, sit down with your son and talk about how all of this is effecting him and you.
The best things that have ever happened to me came right out of left field.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hey Wants! Good grief, when it rains it pours!!

You boo-hoo all you want to!! You are doing soooo great!!

HANG ON!!! You can't have flowers without the rain and they won't be strong without the wind and storms blowing them around...

okay, slap me now, cause I know that sucks! and probably doesn't make you feel any better! but....it's true...and you are strong and you are a survivor!!!

and you have all of us cheering you on!! GO WANTS GO!! RAH! RAH! RAH!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((Wantsout))))
Just ride the wave.

It's just a storm...and it'll be clear again soon.

hugs to you,
neg
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

When will things turn around for you? When you start believing in yourself and your abilities and you start believing--truly believing--that your HP, God, or the universe will provide you with everything you need. There is so much abundance in this world. There is plenty of money to be made, plenty of jobs to be found, plenty of opportunities for all, and plenty of good times ahead.

I find when I'm feeling the lowest and beginning to lose confidence in myself and my hope is dwindling, that counting my blessings helps turn the situation around, gives me renewed hope, and gives me the clarity to see opportunities when they present themselves to me.

Sometimes it's hard to see an opportunity that's staring you right in the face when you're focusing on the negatives in your life. Try counting your blessings, asking your HP, God, or the universe for what you need, then sit back quietly and confidently and wait for what you need to be provided for you.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hi wants....time for a gratitude list when i feel like this.

wants, you appear as such a strong person, tremendous sense of humor, intelligent....god puts in front of me, that which i need, exactly when i need it.....trouble is, sometimes i look at it like a baboon looking at a cellphone and going....(screeching like a baboon....whadda i do with this thing?)

i overlook what he sends me many times.......i've begun meditations three times a day to help me not to overfocus on the obvious.

geeeezzzzz....i hope this makes sense...

ooommmmmm

jeri