Been awhile...

Old 04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

Been awhile...

hi guys, life has been preety ok lately. I went thru with enlisting and I leave Aug. 27th for boot at Paris Island. I enlisted active in the Marines. My mom isn't very happy but in the long run I know she'll be proud. My older bro is worried along with his gf. My qualifier(dad) is like besides himself. Like he always pushed for it hardcore and I guess since he really doesn't know me well it was surprising. At first my older brother was like you not doing this to make dad happy are you? The answer to that is a big NO. I couldn't care less what he thinks.

Most of my buddies have gotten distant once I told them. Other just kinda talk to me but dont hang out. Others are just fine with it and look at it as its something I need to do.

I truely feel more focused and wanting to do this more and more with everyday that passes. Most of you probably remember some of my other posts and this oine girl who I am so close with. I must say, she was the most surprised and moved by my decision. She agrees that it will be the best for me, but she is worried. Natural I guess to feel that way but its so nice to know that she is now behind me in this.

I tooh her out for dinner and explained everything to her along with just catching up and just having a very emotional and touching conversation. it was really a very fullfilling and probabloy the best talk ever.

Thanks,
TIM
Old 04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tim! Good to hear from you
I truly believe that being a member of the military is a very honorable profession. Good for you! And thank you!

Because we are living in a very scary time, it is only natural that you joining the Marines is going to really concern your friends and family.

I am sure that you will excell in your new role. I hope you will keep us posted on how things are going once you're in Paris Island.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So proud of you Tim---I was going thru some old posts the other night and saw your avatar and wondered how you were doing.
You have made a good choice-there is a whole future awaiting you.In 20 years you could retire with a full pension and benifits!!!(if you stay in that long)
I wish you the best of luck and will be praying for your safety...keep in touch!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
image0011.gif (4.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tim, Wonderful to see you here, and sounding good.

Yes, Thank you for serving our country! Do keep us posted.

Caring hugs
Old 04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

Thanks, with all the support I seem to be getting and just not listening to all the negative stuff I'm looking forward to leave more and more everyday.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have found this direction for yourself, certainly many good things can come of it. I am alarmed at the ads I am seeing on TV to recruit young men....young men finally getting that recognition and respect from their dad. I hate that. The military can be a wonderful chance to travel and learn skills, it can broaden your horizons. Be wise, be safe and be sure of your motives for going. Supporting this war and supporting the troops are two entirely different things. I hope you have a long and happy carreer in the good old US of A. Many people do not support this war in Iraq so don't take it personally. As you leave for the military I wish you the very best. I do think there is a very targeted recrutiment going on. Get things signed.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

I'm doing this all for me. No one else. I can see what ypou mean mallowcups. Most ppl. do not support this war but everyone should support our troops. When you think about it that 18 yr old or 23 that lived next to you and then disappeared could very easily be fighting in this war. From what I've seen with telling everyone that should know about my decision is that most ppl. are very hesitant. First reaction is "NOOO" or "how could you." But after a while they see the reasons for me doing this. /but the people that are I guess I'll say antiwar for lack of terms, I've basicly distance myself from. Like I need to be in the right mind set for when I leave. I can't have an up and down approach to this.

Thanks again,
Tim
Old 04-26-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi TimTim, I am so happy for you, you sound happy and

are looking forward. I hope this next step in life brings you

strength, and please come home safe, I'll be praying for you

Hope3
Old 04-26-2007, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi TimTim, good to see you back.........keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

When I started tellin my friends most of them wher eliek good for you. the negative ones I've basicly have not kept in touch with. They would bring up something like "well your probably going to die" or some type of morbid comment. Seriously, I need to be in the right frame of mind when I leave for boot and keep that steady head.

But thanks all of you.

Tim
Old 04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Way to go Tim! The Marines are a top notch organization. The best fighting force the world has ever seen. Thank you for deciding to serve our country!

Our cause in Iraq is nobile, Our President is a good man. The threat our country faces is real. People may debate the battle ground, but that does not change the facts. Thanks to few good Men, we have our freedom!!!!!!

Semper Fi and God Bless You!!!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks to many many men and women.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The Marine are a proud group---Thank you for protecting our country Tim!!!! I support all our men/women in this war on terrorism
Attached Images
File Type: gif
animated rose.gif (20.8 KB, 10 views)