Ego getting in the way?

Old 04-21-2007, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ego getting in the way?

Lately, I've really been focusing on myself. I don't want to come across that my ego is getting in the way. I've also been responding to threads without the A in mind. Again, focusing on the other person involved or myself.

For anyone new, I hope you won't take offense. At first I thought everything was about my exabf and trying to help him. What I have learned and am focusing on is helping myself so much more.

I really am more spirited now, happier, and have let go of the hurt, anger, and disappointment. I'm making room for new things that are better for me!

I was having a difficult time with focusing on myself, but now I wonder if it's too easy. I'm just so grateful that I left a bad situation before it became so much worse.

I think it's time for my own little happy dance!!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is how life is supposed to be! Sometimes you have to take a detour to appreciate the change in scenery when you return!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So glad you have found your way back to the land of serenity and happiness ... and the crazy world of the alcoholism can now only been seen in your rear view mirror .. and of course only if you choose to look back.

I think that deserves a happy dance.