Update on all my job stuff

Old 04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Update on all my job stuff

Okay first of all the offer fell through on my house about two weeks ago and now the agent wants me to lower the price. I have to mull this over. I may be better off taking the house off of the market and waiting a few years.

To cut down on my expenses I could either split it into two apartments again (and live upstairs with no formal kitchen but with a microwave, minifridge, etc) or there are five bedrooms, two baths, and only one me ... I could possibly rent just out the other rooms. That way I'd still have use of the washer/dryer, kitchen, etc. I'd actually make more money that way but I'd have to live with other people.

Anyway, so earlier this week while I was waiting with baited breath to hear about the job I interviewed for, I got a call from a recruiter and got another interview at the last minute. This new job possiblity is really cool because there is a lot of exotic travel invovled - Singapore and stuff like that. And for the first time in my life I could travel like that with no problem. The boss is this woman - she's so impressive. She speaks five languages. I would like to work for someone like her I think.

So now it's a hard part for me - waiting. Ugh - waiting waiting waiting ...
Old 04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
full of hope

You've waited all this time for the right moment, life, things....this'll be nothing!!!

Praying for you!! Can't wait to hear!!
Love, Cheryl
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sounds like you're really exploring all your options, and getting more! that is great! fyi - i work for woman owned company, so mostly female employees and managers - i find very empowering. good luck with the interview! k
Old 04-19-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Royalty

Why would you lower the price of a 5 bedroom house in New York?? I would wait for another offer. How long has it been up for sale?

Good luck on your job, it sounds exciting.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you--sounds like you are thinking clearly now and making plans for the future--I am very happy for you--remember I told you the right job will find you eventually???!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
jump.gif (2.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there Wants, congrats on the job possibilities. Even if you don't get this job it's great to know that such a cool place wants you.

As far as the house, what I've done is take the house of the market for two months, or as long as it takes for it to come off the listing (some places it's three months). Then put it back on the market. That way it doesn't show up as "re-listed" or worse "price reduced". Also check out how your listing looks as compared to other house in the same price range. Maybe all you need is a new set of prettier pictures, or maybe spruce up the wording in the add.

The real estate market sucks right now, so no matter how perfect your house it's going to take some time and effort to sell it. Has your agent done any "open houses"? those are a lot of work but they really help.

Oh yeah, and don't wait. Get busy. Hit up some extra meetings, paint the house, steam clean the carpets, take yourself out somewhere nice, go to some extra meetings .... you get my point

Mike
Old 04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Hey HQ- I live in a "working class" town which is one of the first places that sees trouble when credit dries up. My lost buyers would have been approved a year ago, but they're rated alt-a so today they can't get a loan. I actually spent the last two days moving everything out of the downstairs to prepare it for rent. That seems to be the right route. My stuff fits nicely into the upstairs. Son will be off to college in August so it won't be as tight then.

Hey DesertEyes, yes, it's nice to be wanted but even better to be employed.

Well, it's 5:45 PM on Friday. This weekend will be my LAST unemployment payment. Let's hope I hear from one of these joker workplaces next week, shall we?

Thank you all for caring. I'm so exhausted. I wish I could get to the end of this dark tunnel already.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you will--stay strong.....
Old 04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
full of hope

Praying for you, Wants!!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

me too wants....praying for the right job to come your way.

you'll get r done, i just know it.