bleccchhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hope3

Jeri, I can't believe I called you cheri, talk about

fog brainville, Hugs, hope3
Old 04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I guess I could understand people who need to get drunk everyday if everyone had to live in the ghetto. I happen to live in a beautiful place and so I make a point of staying in touch with my spiritual side. Most of us can look around outside and see a reason not to drink. This makes me depressed when I see people who have two arms and two legs and a brain in their head and face each day with such a lack of gratitude.
So blessed and take so much for granted.
Someone has to say, I will be a role model, I will face the day, I will see the sunshine. We went out for some fast food and parked at a park where we like to eat and feed the ducks. They come right up to you and I noticed how perfect and spectacular the ducks feather pattern was. How obvious does God have to be?
Alcoholics miss out on all of Gods presence, they miss the sunrises, the sunsets, the veins in a leaf, the feather patterns on ducks and the perfection of a butterfly wing.
I hate living with the selfishness of alcoholism and the blindness to see what is right in front of you.
I have come to hate the nay saying, having every world event churned to death, swearing at the President and Vice president. I'm sick of hearing about gun control and wingnuts with guns. These are not new ideas or issues. Insane people with guns have been around since guns were invented.
Here is what I am going to do.
I just bought over 3,000 sunflower seeds from ebay. All kinds.
I am going to plant those seeds all along the road to town. I may even buy more. I am going to plant sunflower seeds everywhere I go.
I admit last year the hosptial put in new flower beds and I stuck some mammouth sunflower seeds in it. I snickered every time I saw people walk by them.
I think we have to spend time with God, spend time doing something that reminds the world that there are good things in life to hang on to.
I get depressed between Feb and April. I get depressed between 4pm and 7pm. I don't know why. I've decided to do something different in those times. I think that's why I started working 3-11 alot. It keeps me busy.
I think it would be fun for us all to speak to our alcoholics in a different way.
Let them drive down a road lined with sunflowers and still need a reason to drink. Each seed I plant will have a prayer for each of you, my friends.
We can all create beauty. I can sit here and think myself to death but then there won't be any sunflowers growing. In the summer if you hear of a strange crop of sunflowers popping up in Upstate NY, you'll already know the story.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Hi again jeri how are you today?

Mallowcup, you are right, we live in a beautiful

area, the lanscapes are awesome, the details so vivid.

And seeing them sober vs drunk can be apprciated so

much more, I know I'm seeing them sober now.

Some beautiful pics of our area. hope3

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...onderings.html
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

you should go to the ghetto and plant the seeds--maybe they need them more than people in your neighborhood do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sunflowers.jpg (2.3 KB, 12 views)