AH now in trouble with DHSS....

Old 04-11-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy AH now in trouble with DHSS....

Hi everyone,

Sorry i've not been on for a while but i had surgery on my knee and am hobbling around on full leg brace and 2 crutches!
I applied for income support when my ex left about 2 months ago, I told him he must not sign on as I had told dhss he had left, he signed on twice but did ring to tell them in between and was told to sign on as normal and split the money! anyway yesterday he went to jobcentre and tried to wort it out but they just made him fill in job seeker app, he needs incapacity as he is due to have dtox in the Royal free hospital any day now, so that was a waste of his time.
I then got home visit today asking for statement saying he was not living with me, i did this and told them of his detox and showed them his hospital and counsillor's letters, she told me not to worry. He then rang a little later to say he'd been thrown off benefit and told he can not claim anything ever again, I know he has caused this himself with the drinking but i am worried this will push him over the edge, his blood is so bad the detox place he was goin refused him which is why he is going into hospital for it now.
Does anyone know if this can be done? Can they throw him off and he be entitled to nothing? He only signed on twice and did try to tell them the change of circumstances, I have emailed our local MP, he was even turned away by council even though he is homeless.
How is the rehab going to work if he thinks he will be destitute when he comes out,
Any advice would be gratefully recieved,
Thankyou
karen xx
Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was refused to a rehab center becuase of my state mind plus it was overloaded.
There's AA and NA...it's free. I cutted right through all the red tape beucase
I was sleeping in my car. It's not the rehab center fault, if he choose to
keep on using. They can't keep him in there forever.

Anyways, rehab centers make it a piont to tell them to go to meetings.
They are introduce to the 12 steps in the center. In house meetings are
held. They are also taken to out side meetings, to be familar with the groups
and to be on a look out for a sponsor. That's why AA/NA doors are always opened.
Recovery is a life time event.

In the mean time have you seeked help for yourself ?
F2F meetings. Someone that can support you in flesh and bloode.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One Day at a Time---somehow it all works out--first he needs to get help and so do you--deal with the other stuff later
Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile He is in Hospital now!

Just to let you all know he is now in hospital, he is on half hourly drips not sure what they are, at 2 o clock he is going for a camera down his throat and to have catheter put in, he is really not well but from the sound of it they will get his liver working again if anyone can, he is in for at least 10 days, this morning he has the shakes bad. he is in with a young man who has had a liver transplant that is being rejected, if that doesn't make him feel bad i don't know what will, the others are in there for liver disease not of their own doing!
I will post back,
Oh and our MP got in touch with the DHSS and she is waiting for their reply.

Take care everyone xxx
Karen