First job interview tomorrow!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Prayers said for a great interview, great presentation and a inner peacefulness.

One Interview at a Time,
Rita
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Crossing fingers,toes and legs again! Good Luck Kermit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Kermit.jpg (8.8 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Praying for you to receive peace and for all good things to flow your way. You're gonna do great!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Kermit...I wish all the best with the interview.
I just posted on the alcoholism forum of my recent experience with a job interview. I sat there listening to a person who I found pompous, arrogant and a teensy bit patronizing. This guy would be my boss. Although I've come to realize I don't want that job....

I still sat there in typical codie fashion "please, please pick me" attitude (not digesting my bad vibe and possible personality clash with would be boss) rather than thinking about whether or not the job would be a good fit for me. It wouldn't be.

If I could tell ya anything to think about while you're in interview...it's also YOUR choice whether or not YOU want to work there.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

make sure you update us Kermie!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I'm glad that is over I did npot feel so good about it. But that's okay hopefully there will be more.! Thanks for thinking about me today
Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

you may be surprised , im sure you did much better than you think ! if nothing else its always good experience .. lots of luck , still crossing
everything until you hear back !
Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Kermie---stop being so hard on yourself!!!! You know everything happens for a reason--the job you need will find it's way to you-maybe it was todays interview-maybe not--it is true the more interviews you go one the better you get at them, I know it must be hard for you to go to these interviews with all the physical pain you have from your illness. People like you and me have to plan everything out ahead of time-and then we never know from day to day if we are gonna be able to get out of bed to do it...Have you thought about disability? Once you are unemployeed for 6 months you can apply.It is not permanent in the way you think--you can still work a certain amount of hours a week and make a certain amount of income per month and still get you disability. Lots of people in your situation do. I worry about your pain and if it is being treated properly--I can't help it I know what it's like! Plus all this added stress ya know it just magnifies it all!!! At least vent to us so we know you are OK---thats what friends are for!!!HUGS!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
1_kitty_hug.jpeg (24.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

hey Kerm, I'm there with ya through the interview pain. I hope we both find the right job soon!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey Kerm,
I felt so lousy after last interview, I had the strongest urge to drink in my 4 months of sobriety to date. I got a call...I've been shortlisted for 2nd interview.
I actually don't think I'll take this job if offered (I want another I interviewed for previously)...but hey...I just know that drunks and codies alike love to "awfulize" everything.

You probably did smashing!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i actually LIKE to interview, but i know - sometimes i leave feeling so beat up from it. hang in there, kermie. regardless, it's good experience for the next one. blessings, k
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Everything does happen for a reason! If it is meant to be then it will be and if not at least you gained the experience needed for the next one! It can be frustrating-but stop being so hard on yourself-

When ever I feel anxious about something right before I go into whatever it maybe I sit and close my eyes and surround myself with white light- take 10 deep breathes and GO! It works! Sounds nutzy.

Wishing you best wishes Kermit!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Wants out, we will find it!
Sunflower, I have a great Dr, he knows me better than I know myself. I can get through the pain.It is the fatige that kills me. I feel bad for my kids. I won't let this get me down... Love you.
Love you all
Old 04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I hear you Kermie--it is true after awhile you build up a tolerance for pain--it is the weakness and exhaustion that can be even worse....hard to understand if you haven't been there.But I know what you mean.I don't know how old your kids are but I used to think that I was happy this illness didnt show it self until my son was in his 20s...I don't know how people with this illness deal with children-housework-work and being married!!I give you a lot of credit for hanging in there, You need to accept your illness and accept that you have to find someone to help you out.Or if your kids are a little older-say 12 and up--there is no reason they can't help you in many small ways around the house...praying for you my friend....
Attached Images
File Type: gif
ATT90756.gif (25.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-14-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Sunflower.. my little bunnies are 16, 7, and 4... They all help. I had to train them but it works out for all of us..

I THINK I'm going back to school!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

OH KERMIE---this is wonderful news--school is always good--we learn so much about ourselves plus we get to met a lot of new people!!! I am hoping this will work out for you!
Wow big age difference going on there with the kids--4>17??? Good they all help-you are handeling this all so well-you should be so proud of yourself!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tn_fun sayings162.jpg (6.9 KB, 6 views)