My new baby

Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My new baby

For the last several months I have been working on getting my life back. I left XAH in August, divorced in January. I have been just a bit lonesome. I am not ready to jump into the dating thing right now so for a little company I have decided to get a baby. He is 9 weeks old and I will pick him up Friday after work. I need help naming him too, so suggestions please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
350_101_1741.jpg (38.2 KB, 78 views)
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

Oh he is SO CUTE!!! What kind of dog is he?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

cute! being that you live in oz, i suggest toto!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He is a pekingese.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

It's not terribly imaginative but I always thought "Shorty" would be an apt name for a small dog. :-)

Congratulations, by the way! My parents got a little puppy this winter and she's brought more joy to their lives than they ever expected. I hope yours does the same for you!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Parent- LOL

I knew someone was going to say that.

Thanks ATS-

My sister has had a little one was 12 years and she lost hers a few weeks back and in the process of looking for her a new little one, I found him. I am very excited about him.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Perfect! I love my little dog. He sleeps with me. Follows me everywhere, even drives around with me...
I like toto!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope this one will like to ride. I had a small dog several years ago and she would get car sick if you mention taking her for a ride. I would have to give her meds to get her to and from the groomer and vet.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Oh my gosh! I have never heard of that before. I wish you luck.
the joy these pets bring to us is awsome. Now remember it is just like having a child. They wake in the middle of the night, want to play eat... go potty everywhere. Get plenty of potty pads. They also have some stuff you can spray on them so the dogs are drawn to them. Gets lots of toys.. and a cute little bed. don't forget the chewies.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So precious. I too love my dog. Not good with names so let me know what you choose.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

oh my gosh! that is the cutest little dog!!

when i got my puppy, i had a hard time thinking of names. my ex and i were going between a few, the top choices being tucker and rocky (because he's only 5 pounds, we thought a dog named rocky would be funny), but we eventually chose tucker. i think toto would be a cute name for such a small little guy!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OHHH...soooooo cute. I like the Oz connection suggestion. I too am big fan of the movie. I think I spent my whole life searching for the Emerald City...and made more than one man into the great and powerful Oz only to discover he was a tiny frightened man hiding behind a curtain.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

i think no matter what i'd name him, i'd end up calling him "hey cuters mccuterson smushy face little baby puppas oh i love you so much yes i do yes i do". that's kinda a long name.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

one of the best things you can do for your self is get a dog--I am a huge believer in it--your pup will keep your mind occupied--give you unconditional love etc....I named my pooch after something I enjoyed personally---one was named yoko--re;beatles-the next Lotte from the Phantom of the Opera....
He is sooooooooooooo cute!!! I see you have a pic of dorothy from OZ how about---WIZARD---OZZIE--HENRY--check it out there are los of male names in the movie---best wishes...this is my Little Lotte below,,,,if we are going to enable something/someone--let it be the poochies...lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
164927812101.jpg (21.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 04-11-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well since my name is Dorothy, I guess toto would be the most ligical name for him.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dogs=unconditional love.

Soooo adorable. When our family was in the middle of a HUGE crisis we did what any sane family would do, we went to the rescue and brought home a big german shepherd. It was the best crazy thing we ever did.

Congratulations on the new arrival. You should have some sort of baby shower, or at least a welcome party!

-K
Old 04-11-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Oh, my gosh! Dorothy it has to be TOTO!
JK, you can name him whatever you want... My dogs are Rocky,and Bongo.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

If you give a puppy a little bit of time to settle they will usually tell you their name. I kid you not.

I have Kita, short for Chiquita because as a pup she walked like the girl banana in the old chiquita banana commercial (boy do I date myself), I have Pacho which in spanish means serene, calm, etc. and I have Tucker who was originally named Friar Tuck from Robin Hood, as he was, and is rather 'roly poly'.

And on Friday the 20th I pick up Shania from El Paso Airport. She is a 16 month old black Belgian Shepherd, sometimes called a Belgian Sheep dog. Yes some of you will remember, she was rescued last August by a friend in NJ. Well, she's coming to me, lol. We'll see after she gets here if her name is really Shania, she will tell me.

Give that cute puppy a few days and he will tell you his name, it may be Toto and it may be something else. After the excitement wears off and routine returns his personality will shine through. He may turn out to be a regular little tough guy, you never know.

You and your children will have a great addition to your family and to your new home. Enjoy!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Awww....how precious !
Old 04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

laurie is right--I had a hard time naming my lotte--she had no name for a month easy--then it just hit me(while listening to the opera)--
MY Lotte is a TOTO a Cairn Terrier and everyone wanted me to name her toto===to obvious-lol Her fathers (sires) name was Rambo hahahaha--and believe me I now know why!!!