Another Step!!!

Old 05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Step!!!

Well after my husbands blow out drunk at my Dad's last weekend, he was REAL sick. I let him "recover" on his own. He said he thought he had a real problem with liquor and I said I thought it was an ALCOHOL problem period. That was that.

Yesterday I was out running errands and he hits my nextel and wants to now when I will be home. The Harley is ready to be picked up from the shop and he needs me to ride him over. Usually I would rush home, but I FINISHED MY errand 1st, then came home to drive him. We didn't discuss it, I just DID it. On the way to the shop there were a couple of trucks for sale on the side of the road (he is looking for one) and he commented that he needed to get the #'s. At the bike shop I asked if he was going to stop and get the #'s and he said, "yeah, why don't YOU do that" I asked why he couldn't and he said what would he do with the paper. Of course I told him to put it in his pocket. Well would you believe that HE stopped and got the #'s and we avoided the whole, why didn't you ask this or that because ya know I don't ever do what HE needs done the "right" way.

SO, I took care of myself three times and the rewards were tremendous. NO STRESS, NO FIGHTING.....how COOL was THAT!!

Now we can take our 15year wedding anniversary trip without being ticked at each other.......this trip just might be nice after all.

Hugs to everyone, Constant
Old 05-01-2003, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

VERY cool!!! You did good - and don't it feel wonderful?!

Ah, yes, the sweet glow of doing right by ourselves.

Enjoy your trip Constant, I hope it will be all that you want it to be.

Love and hugs.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Constant...he sounds likes Ward. He wants me to order the pizza, get the numbers, make the phone calls, get the estimates...whatever the errand of the day is and then I don't do it right!

Can you see me shaking my head??

JT