he's leaving to visit his parents

Old 04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking he's leaving to visit his parents

My AH is leaving tomorrow to visit his parents out of State..it sounds so sad, but I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. He is going to drive (he refused to fly it's about a 12 hr drive) I am sure that is so he can drink along the way. I am going to shut off my ringer on the phone and the answering machine.

I said to our 8 yr old today, Dad is leaving to go to grandma's tomorrow...her response was WHOO HOO!! Who ever would have thought....it would be like this. But, we are going to enjoy the next 5 DAYS without a drunk in the house.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It'll be like vacation! Have fun!

I remember when I was a kid - there was a time when my mom was pretty entrenched in an eating disorder. At one of the worst points my dad moved us 2 kids for a while and without the drama of living with an active compulsive person (addict) we were all really relieved and life was just mellow for a while - we enjoyed it. I still loved my mom, but it was a relief to be out from under that walking-on-eggshells thing.

The good news is that a couple of years after that my mom entered a pretty long treatment program and today she's very much recovered. My dad also pursued recovery and worked his program. We had some good times. Yeah!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Over It, you took the words out of my mouth--walking on eggshells. I remember dancing on the tabletop when my AH left for work. Stillsearching, you and your daughter have a blast.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

have fun! i've noticed i'm so much more at peace when my life isn't consumed by someone else's problems... especially when they don't think they have one!

do all the things you've wanted to do for awhile... he'll be back before you know it and you'll be left wishing for him to go away again
Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have fun ! You deserve it !
Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG that is sooo funny but its true---I hope you have a great 5 days!!!