I'm Back!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Back!

Well, I just went through the worst week of my life.
I went to the hospital for a lumpectomy and ended up in Intensive Care for 3 days. I don't want to discuss what happened but my breast and my chest and my arm are black and blue and yellow and green. I also have a drainage tube running out of my breast. Supposedly I had a reaction to the pain reliever that was given to me post-op and I started bleeding internally. I had a very large hematoma and had to be taken back into surgery the next day. After that I went to intensive care. Needless to say, I was pumped full of narcotics and my body is not used to that. They sent me home early since my insurance wouldn't cover a longer stay and last night I went through a terrible night. I covered myself up with 2 large comforters and when I woke up this morning, I was soaked in sweat, but back to my old self. I'm recovering at my mother's....me and my little dog.

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers!
Grace
Old 04-02-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thinking of you-hope you get better soon
Old 04-02-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

aw, grace, my heart goes out to you!

you must be in so much pain... i will be thinking of you often. take care of yourself!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Oh sweetie, I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight and that you're feeling better soon. Sending healing prayers your way.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

hugs, prayers, and a treat for your loving puppy who stays by your side.

~Cats
Old 04-02-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
full of hope

Grace, I'll be praying for you...praying you find some of that 'grace'! Hope everyday is better than the day before!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

Add my prayers too. I hope you are feeling better soon and I'm glad you are all tucked in and resting with your pup at your mom's.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It sounds like you have had a rough few days ... hope you start feeling better soon!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome back,
sending lots of prayers your way!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome back--what an awful time for you--glad you are at your mothers with your poochie---stay away from any melodrama--you need time to heal
Old 04-03-2007, 01:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the kind words. I am feeling much better today.
This is no big deal, but the melodrama in my family is inevitable.
I love my mom with all my heart, BUT I went from living with a mean drunk to living with a food addict. She is incredibly negative and it is causing me a lot of stress right now. One of the reasons that I'm up so early is because she blasts the TV all night long. She was on narcotic pain relievers for years and just stopped taking them several months ago. She is incredibly sensitive, negative, and emotional. Of course, she is codependent, just as I am. The difference is that I'm improving and she isn't.

Any wise suggestions??? I don't want to go back to the mean drunk and I can't handle the guilt trips and negativity here.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

First off, I'm glad you are OK. What a week. I couldn't help but thinking of you in your own apartment having a peaceful cup of tea in a sunny little kitchen. Sometimes our motivation comes at an unexpected time, in an unexpected way. You need a sancuary. at a time like this we realize how important and precious those simple pleasures are.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ICU

Some week, huh? Well, I guess the worst of it is over, thank goodness!

Now, about recovery.....I have a spare room if you need it! Lots of quiet plants by the window! I swear, they don't make a sound!! LOL!

Sending healing thoughts are prayers your way!

P.S. I like what Mallowcup said to about "motivation comes at an unexpected time"...might be something to think about to get you through this rough spot!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Grace,

Glad you are back. How about give yourself a couple of days rest at your Moms and at the same time flip through the papers to look for a place for yourself and say the Serenity Prayer a lot. It's hard dealing with family for sure bvut remember her issues aren't your issues.

Earthworm
Old 04-03-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself. You will be in my prayers.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Oh Grace you poor baby! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you guys a whole lot!

I am feeling better and stronger every day. It has been a rough week, but I'm going to get through this. I miss the other dogs that are still at the other house. I have always been their safety net when he was in a drunken rage. Of course, he only abused the dogs when I was there. So....hopefully, he won't be mean to them when I'm gone. We had the mom, dad, and their puppy, Gracie, is with me. I know that she misses them too, but I truly don't know what to do about it right now. I need to just take it one day at a time, and yes, I will need support from my friends on here, and I say the Serenity Prayer often.

Thanks for the offer of the spare room. Hopefully, I'll have my own quiet place again AND this time when he calls, I won't answer the phone. Promise!

Wish me luck tomorrow. I get the drainage tube removed from my breast.
The final results came back and it was definitely benign. Thanks to God and all your prayers!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

glad your feeling better.

Kevin
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

oh thank god your tests results were negative!!!! Rest now away from all his craziness...be strong