SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   It happened today........ (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/119960-happened-today.html)

kermit 04-02-2007 09:27 AM

It happened today........

I lost my job. I can't even begin to tell you how I feel. Lost mostly. Everyone around here is hugging and saying good bye...just not to me. Once again I'm the one left out. That would be me the one no one notices.

Crap

best 04-02-2007 09:29 AM

*HUGE HUG*

I noticed

AllTooSober 04-02-2007 09:29 AM

(((((kermit))))) I'm so sorry this is happening! I wish I had something better to offer.

kermit 04-02-2007 09:34 AM

I know I'm going to be okay, I just hate that evrytime I think I'm getting my life back it crumbles

Cynay 04-02-2007 09:38 AM

*hugs* from me too....

I know it feels awful, but hang in there!!!!

best 04-02-2007 09:41 AM

Another step towards something better.

Forest puts it well. Life is like a box of chocolates.

I remember poking holes in the bottoms so it doesn't show till I found the ones I liked *LOL* Took me a few tries before I would find the caramel filled one.

This is but another poke towards something better.

ps

Oh and before you say it...
My mom didn't like the poked chcolates either (is why I poked the bottoms) But she would get over it because it helped her better see what she liked as well *LOL*
Keep poking away.

Astro 04-02-2007 09:43 AM

I notice it when you post here (((((kermit)))))

I know it probably feels like anything but this, but right now I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. More will be revealed, and sometimes it's right around the corner.

loveRoy 04-02-2007 09:45 AM

Let go and let God. When he closes a door, he opens a window.

Pick-a-name 04-02-2007 09:51 AM

((((kermie))))......what everyone else said.

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers....hope something better than you could even imagine is just around the corner for you!!! You deserve it!

Sending you a big hug,too.

MsPINKAcres 04-02-2007 09:53 AM

(((Kermit)))

Yes, You know you will be ok, yes, you know your HP has a plan, yes, you know, But remember it's ok to feel your feelings right here and now.

It's ok to say "THIS SUCKS and I'm feeling a little _________"

Oh and usually a great big piece of chocolate helps.

Then tomorrow you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and do the Next Right Thing. But just remember to give yourself a day to feel the emotions of today and really take good care of YOU.

((Hugs to Kermit))

Rita

Nuudawn 04-02-2007 09:55 AM

Kermit, I empathize with your pain. I realize how hard and difficult this terrain must be. I wish you strength and hope whilst you make your way into the next professional adventure of your life. This is as it should be...you are needed somewhere else. You have other things to do, new people to meet, new experience and achievements to accomplish. This is your life. Say goodbye to the last chapter and open your heart and arms to the new. It is an ending...so of course, you will grieve right now...but you're on your way to the next part. I am in no way diminishing your pain...but I am excited for you ..I really am!

Nuudawn 04-02-2007 09:57 AM

P.S. Please go say goodbye to someone...give them a hug...tell them you were glad they were a part of your journey. Extend yourself and let them and the universe know you're here.

LGLG07 04-02-2007 10:00 AM

turn a negative into a positive .. this is not an end but a whole
new beginning .. when you are settled in a new job , a better job ,
you will think back and tell yourself , if i knew it was going to end up
like this , i never would of worried !

best of luck to you

kermit 04-02-2007 10:02 AM

I knew I had to post this, thanks for all your kind words. With out all of you I would give up! Love you!

parentrecovers 04-02-2007 10:07 AM

oh kermit, i'm sorry. job changes can be stressful. but i'm going to bet you're going to land on your two feet. blessings, k

Seeking Wisdom 04-02-2007 10:09 AM

So Sorry ... wishing you a brighter and better tomorrow!

WantsOut 04-02-2007 10:35 AM

Kerm, I know this on top of trying to sell the house and worries about money are nearly overwhelming. I know cause I'm there too. One foot in front of the other is how we go on from here. Oh, and chocolate. Chocolate is your friend ...

MsGolightly 04-02-2007 12:33 PM

kermit, i have a feeling very good things are in store for you...

dollydo 04-02-2007 04:07 PM

Kermit,

When one door closes, another opens, a new opportunity for greatness.

It's not so much the circumstance you are involved in, it's how you handle it.

I know you are down, but, we are here for you, with this gang on your side, you are never invisible, we are always ready to give you a hug, and support you.

embraced2000 04-02-2007 04:24 PM

(((((((kermie))))))))

i always notice you, kermit. you are fun to notice, comforting to notice, and reassuring to notice.

you are a tremendously strong woman with great recovery wrapped around you like a good ole comfy quilt......let yourself feel however it is you need to feel....and then march on, kermit, march on.

you haven't come all this far for nothing. good things will come your way.

much love to you
jeri