It happened today........

Old 04-02-2007, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
full of hope

Kermit, I'm so sorry about the job! and more sorry your co-workers can't see what they'll be missing!!

I'm believing you'll be valued and treated with the admiration and respect you deserve at your new, better job!!

Praying for you!!
~Cheryl
Old 04-02-2007, 04:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dolly is right! You are anything but invisible here! You are a friend, to me and to many.

I'm sorry about the job situation though. I think Japic said it best....yes, you know that something will come along, but today, yup it just plain sucks.

Glad you're here,
TG
Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Kermit)))) I am so sorry........

I notice you too, you silly thing. You have given me great insight and comfort here at SR....Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is another day.
We are here for you.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

((((Kermit)))) Big HUGE, squeezy hugs to you!

So sorry to hear about this. As painful as it is, my faith tells me that something far better awaits you.

Peace to you~

GHM
Old 04-02-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Kermie, I heard the report on the 5:00 news tonight. It said your company was laying off 50% of its workers today. I had hoped it wasn't you. But alas, some things are meant to be.

This time in your life was obviously meant to be a major turning point for you. You have let go of an unhealthy relationship, you are about to let go of a home that doesn't necessarily have happy memories, and you are letting go of a job that offered no growth potential. In essence, you are on the verge of a whole new life. This is a wonderful opportunity for growth for you. And believe it or not, this is a time where you can be your own most powerful ally. For today, you have a wealth of choices before you. And the only person you need to consult is you and the only person who's needs you need to consider are yours.

Melody Beatty says that we're fortunate to live in a land of abundance. God has given us everything we need in this world to not only survive, but to thrive. All you need to do is take a look around you to see that you're surrounded by abundance and opportunity.

So, take a few days off to pamper yourself while you deal with the shock of losing your job and then get out there and grab yourself a new piece of pie.

And Kermie, make it a big piece. Because you deserve it.

And always keep in mind that when we think our burdeon is too much to bear and we can't take another step forward, that's when God will carry you.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I notice you. WE notice you. You're one of the good guys here who shares experience, strength and hope on a regular basis!

As for the job thing: Congratulations! I was laid off from a job that I loved and was really good at. I was devastated, BUT LET ME TELL YOU it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I had been working a program of recovery. I was making positive changes in my life. And, looking back, my HP was with me every step of the way. My workplace, like other parts of my life, had become stale and a bit toxic for me. The job change was a necessary thing. As scary as it was, it helped me to continue on a positive path.

Again, I say congratulations. This means that there are bigger, better, more exciting and healthy things in store for you!

HUGS
Cat
Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

You all are the most Wonderful people I have ever met.
On a positive note I'm thinkung about doing that Nursing thing, go back to school, I should be able to qualify for aid now!
On a bad note, I just got back from the Dr. My Surgar was 143 and blood pressure through the roof. My legs, hands and every where else is so full of fluid retention I'm about to land in the Hospitial. I can't walk stand or sit for very long my joints hurt so bad.. Oh and I'm fat WAY fat. I'm still going to get that BIG piece of pie or cake or candy bar! I'll work on starting my new ways tomorrow!
Love you!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
cmc

Kermit,
I'm just dropping in to tell you that I'm sorry for this jolt out of the blue and know it's scary when that happens. I'm hoping that your next venture will be soooo much better and with people who _will_ see what a great person you are. I've always 'noticed' you here, you have so much to contribute.
From the outside looking in- it sure seems like your HP is setting you up to rid yourself of all the negative stuff from your past...and you deserve a new and fresh start. Like in the movie City Slickers when one of the 'cowboys' is down on his luck- his friends tell him his life is a 'do over'...I think that's good recovery. Onward and upwards to better things!!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hey Kermie, just thought of this poem...hope i can remember it all...

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When cares are pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won, had he stuck it out.
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Chero, Perfect!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

OMG KERMIE!!! I hadn't seen this post til just now....your co workers must be a sad bunch not to be hysterical at losing you--you have always been there for me and have become a good friend to me in this group....
Kermie--I had a job once I loved-all my friends were there-I knew I would never leave--and I got FIRED--I had to have 2 surgeries in one year--missed a lot of work--and back then they didnt have the laws they have now--actually I wasn't fired--while I was out recovering from my surgery my job was ""deleted""-fancy word for screwing me if you ask me.. I collected unemployeement--something I never thought I would do--hadthe whole summer off and enjoyed it--they don't take taxes out of it so it was almost the same as my regular pay!!! I never thought I would get over it--I LOVED my job---and ya know what when summer ended I got out there and was offerred a job with more money--a higher position-everything happens for a reason--somehow it all works out.....PM me anytime.........praying for you....
Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ICU

(((Kermit)))

This too will be something you not only get through, but will come out stronger for it! You have choices...you get to think about what you 'want' to do next! When you look at it that way...it's kind of exciting!!!

I wish you all the best.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
True comfort in His embrace

Well Kermmie, That sucks, BUT there is always a one. Just take it one day at a time, I know you'll find something worth your skills.

BTW, Hola! best told me about this site and how it may help me thru some things. The LORD bless you.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Thanks, and welcome VOP I hope it helps as well.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

I notice you too Kermit. Wish we were really there to give you a hug. And apparently chocolate and pie!! Take tomorrow off, sleep, take a warm bubble bath, do something you like to do. The day after tomorrow, make your plan. Hugs to you. B
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh kermeee I'm so sorry. I just saw this thread right now. I know how it sucks to be without a job, been there many times. With your skills and experience you'll get another one soon, and maybe even a better one.

You're in my prayers every day kermee, always are and always will be. You keep on posting here and let us know how you're doing cuz we're your "cheer-leaders", ya know?

Mike