i think i just got april fooled!

Old 04-01-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i think i just got april fooled!

my xah just called me quacking. i reckon it was about time for him to call or make contact.

now, he is still with his woman, but he doesn't like her, ya know....they sleep in different rooms, too.....and are there any feelings left between the two of us???? and a few other quackster phrases....

i told him not to call any more, and if he did, i was going to get a restraining order.

"but, baby, i'm trying to find my way back to you.....and you keep slamming the door in my face and having me arrested. how can i find my way back to you when you won't let me????"

omg.....what a piece of work.

i said to him....you are with her...you go to her, stay with her and don't call me again. and then as i was getting ready to hang up on him.....i added a phrase....who did you call when you were with me and left for a binge?....who did you try to go back to when you were with me, you son of a beatch?

i really lost my serenity this morning. and it was all my fault. damnit.

so by losing it, i let him know he can still push my buttons, that there is still something there to push, and he now thinks it's all about him living with another woman.

i am giving my word to myself that the next time i hear his voice, i will just hang up the phone.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i just realized he wasn't the only one quacking!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You just took a very short "ride on the merry-go-round" and jumped off....next time it will be shorter....you're doing great! Sorry if it blew your peace of mind for a bit but thanks for sharing and helping the rest of us in the process. Hope the rest of your day is peaceful and wonderful!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Why do you take the call?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well for crying out loud! "Baby, I'm trying to find my way back to you"?
That's a long trip with an outdated map through the windmills of his mind.
"I'm here baby, the road if long and the fog is thick, follow my voice".
He's created a drama in his head.
Just for some perspective let's just imagine you calling him from another mans home. "Baby, I'm trying to find my way back to you."
Did the road get detoured? Did you move?
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to arrive.
I think the next time he calls you should tell him you are engaged. Maske up a man. Put boots on your doorstep. have a man record your answering machine message, buy yourself a big fat diamond engagement ring.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
get caller id, don't answer, if it goes to msg machine/or cell msg. and it gets to you, delete it.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it's so pitiful.....but am i wicked for beginning to find it so damned funny???

he sure has made up a drama in his mind.....the road is the same as it always has been....leads right to my door.....and no drinking allowed in my home.

you would think he's off fighting some war, struggling to get back home.

well, maybe he is....i know he's fighting the alcoholism war...nope...he's not fighting it...he is lost in it.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i love mallowcups ideas... and tell him your new man will whoop his butt!

plus, you deserve better than someone who didn't make you his number one priority.

i know you feel you handled this wrongly, but look how much strength you showed my telling him not to call you anymore! there are many of us out there who would have taken him back in a heartbeat, feeling his promises weren't so empty this time.

i say great job!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

did i tell you that i replaced my wedding rings with a huge 7 carat, marquise cut whiskey quartz ring??? i wear it on my left hand. i thought it very befitting.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I thinkit might be fun to make up the perfect boyfriend. I would bable on and on the next time he calls about how in love you are, how grateful you are that he moved om to let you find love again. Gee, what does your new man do for a living, what's his name, OOLALA, what does he look like?
How did you meet? Babble babble on and on. Maybe you met him because he's buying the Lodge you work at. Where is he from?
If every call from the ex is met with you going on and on about the new guy, he'll stop calling.
Why do this? He's still got it in his head that you will take him back if he can wear you down. Play on your being lonely and sentimental.
I know you can't do anything about the phone since it's a work phone.
I'd tell the ex that the only fight you've had is about you wanting to continue working, he really wants you to quit and let him take care of you.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sounds like a fun idea mallow!!! after all, he has jerked my chain for so long....maybe a little of his own medicine?????

can i do that to a sick person??? someone, please give me permission. j/k

i feel really good because his impact on me is disappearing, little by little. pretty soon, he'll just be one old poofer.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

embraced.... an old poofer? whats that?
Mallow has some great ideas. I might steal them and use them for myself. hehe....

It's so great to see people laugh and find humor in what would be sad and unhappy for me.
It does get better. You all are proof of that.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry you lost your serenity for a moment. Say a prayer, call your sponser, talk to another Codie.....

I'm blessed with the fact that my ex is 1000 miles away, and rarely calls me. But when she does, she's usually hysterical or depressed, and has some sort of crisis or another. Why she calls me ? I have no idea. She has a boyfriend, let him take care of it !

you would think he's off fighting some war, struggling to get back home.
Actually, to the alcoholic, it feels that way. One of the gifts of my sobriety is that I've quit struggling.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

One sentence, "My new boyfriend is a Marine and he's going to kick your ass."

Nah, too involved. Caller ID, Embraced Get it. Uuuuuuse it!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

you have my permission!!!! I actually ran into my EXAH family at one point in a store.They have had nothing to do with my son either since we divorced 26 years ago...It was great I had on my beautiful diamond ring--I bought it for myself--I told them all about how I was engaged to a Doctor and bought a huge new house (i am a nurse),,They then proceeded to tell me about how my ex of many years was '''depressed about his life"" I just replied ''really too bad I have never been happier""
Old 04-01-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((Embraced))) It's just a short ride on the merry go round.......you are doing good in your recovery, girl !
Old 04-01-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Making up a boyfriend could be very theraputic. You could actually write it down. If his name could be anything what would it be? How much money is too much? What does he do for a living? What would you say about him if you had to explain him to someone? This turns out to be a recipe for your next relationship.
Sunflower, it must have felt so good walking away with a bluebird sitting on your shoulder.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ugh! What a fruit nut!

Earthworm

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
my xah just called me quacking. i reckon it was about time for him to call or make contact.

now, he is still with his woman, but he doesn't like her, ya know....they sleep in different rooms, too.....and are there any feelings left between the two of us???? and a few other quackster phrases....

i told him not to call any more, and if he did, i was going to get a restraining order.

"but, baby, i'm trying to find my way back to you.....and you keep slamming the door in my face and having me arrested. how can i find my way back to you when you won't let me????"

omg.....what a piece of work.

i said to him....you are with her...you go to her, stay with her and don't call me again. and then as i was getting ready to hang up on him.....i added a phrase....who did you call when you were with me and left for a binge?....who did you try to go back to when you were with me, you son of a beatch?

i really lost my serenity this morning. and it was all my fault. damnit.

so by losing it, i let him know he can still push my buttons, that there is still something there to push, and he now thinks it's all about him living with another woman.

i am giving my word to myself that the next time i hear his voice, i will just hang up the phone.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My XAH kelp calling my cell phone after I had ask him to stop so when he did not stop I traded phones with my dad for a week and he took it to work with him and when he saw it was him calling he gave it to a young man up there to answer. The young man politely told him that unless it had something to do with the children that he would appreciate it if he did not call me again, that he was the man in my life now. It has cut down on the phones calls a great deal and he does not call me cell anymore at all. So now I have a fella and he is GREAT!!!!! As far as he knows anyway.