feeling neglected

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

back at work today I like the people I work with (will most) they are crazier than I....with great humor makes me laugh
One of my daughters...her boyfriend cooked supper and invited me over to eat.yumm good food.

Do have a situation needing advice on.. Had asked my step son which lives with us part time...asked him to sweep the livingroom floor he had no problem said sure...Dad stepped in said he did not have to do chores...how do I apply rules without involving the (13) child in a stiuation or an arguement???
I appreciate all of you..Thanks

Everyone make it a great day tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

that you want to avoid at all costs---no responce--let it go
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks sunfl....I let it go.
The next evening my A had the floor swept...probably feeling guilt from the drinking....I didn't say anything went about my business.

He's hardly spoke this week so I've minded my own business and let him to himself..not much of a relationship....it's been quite though .
He did lay some bills on my desk to be paid..I don't think he knows how to write a check and balance the account...maybe just don't want to.

I'll do the bills thats taking care of me.....hes on his own with his laundry!!!

At some point he will talk again..should I then talk to him about his behavior...or just let it be.

Make it a great day!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

It was hard for me to even start to know who am I until I put down the drugs and left them down. Best thing to do is more of what you posted, look after yourself first and always.

Kevin
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I know it seems as if I have "thank-you-itis" today, but you all are so darn wise I couldn't help myself. What's left for me to say other than this:

Dump the jerk, you'll be much happier without him.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

"Do have a situation needing advice on.. Had asked my step son which lives with us part time...asked him to sweep the livingroom floor he had no problem said sure...Dad stepped in said he did not have to do chores...how do I apply rules without involving the (13) child in a stiuation or an arguement???"

Promptly hand the broom to the aforementioned jerk, and then say, "well, you do it then," and walk away.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks formerdm...thats a wonderful idea..I never really thought about handling it that way.

All of you have such great ways of handling situations so calmly...I hope I learn to be better in control of me instead of letting my AH control me with his drinking tactics.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by honeycs View Post
All of you have such great ways of handling situations so calmly...I hope I learn to be better in control of me instead of letting my AH control me with his drinking tactics.
Oh please, you must trust me on this...I certainly didn't start out being calm in the way I had handled things with my ex. I did loads of pouting, walking out of the house, silent treatment, etc.

It took a lot of experimenting and practice before I learned ways of handling things that made 'me' happier, and were good 'for me'.

I was a sloooooow learner too! Give yourself some time!

P.S. I didn't find this forum until 'after' my ex and I split. When I finally did join, I was amazed at how others seemed to have it all together. And there I was an open, raw, oozing wound from head to toe, inside and out. But in time, I learned soooo much here! And you will too! I'm sure of it! :-)