OT extreme home makeover

Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT extreme home makeover

I can't help it, I'm going to burst! Extreme Home makeover has been doing a make over about an hour away from here. My son has been on the construction crew doing the house.
The show will air May 20. Coincidentally, the family receivng the make over is one I know from the camp I work at in the summer. I can't share details for obvious reasons but their story will come out on the show. Hope you'll all watch. I'm very proud of this kiddo of mine! Today at 2pm he will be one of the construction guys yelling, MOVE THAT BUS!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
How cool is that?! I'm sure you're a very proud Mom!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

NICE !
As corny as that show is, it always makes me cry when the family sees their new house for the first time.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ny sons name is Ty. Nooooo, just kidding about that.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You should be very proud of your son. When will the episode air? I'll be sure to watch it.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

how totally cool! Get that on digital to preserve for the ages.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

haha! i laughed when you said your son's name is ty!

that's so exciting... you should go stand in the audience!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I'm so very anti-mushy shows, I don't usually like the "Happily, ever after", go for the tears, type shows or movies - but this show - if I'm flipping the channels & it's on - I can't help but watch it - (please practice anonymity -my rep as a hard a$$ is ruined if this gets out)

Will have to make sure my AH goes to a Sunday night meeting so I can watch it (lol)

My favorite one so far was the one about the single dad with the three little girls & the Mom had died in her sleep from an aneurysm? The oldest little girl was named "Harley"- Ok I've got to stop - I'm about to cry at work.

Mallow, Congrats to your son for working on such a wonderful project.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Royalty

They did a house in Columbus, Ohio not too long ago. It was for a guy that helped out saving people during 911. My whole problem with this show is afterwards, there was this huge ordeal about how the guy can't afford this house now, because the value is so much more, and the taxes are way too much and he is going to have to sell the house......basically the story said that he is in WORSE shape then before the house was redone.....

Talk about ungrateful! I also am not sure that I like how they "select" a family. And some of the homes that they have destroyed, looked like they were perfectly good homes!

Isn't someone's husband on here tearing up her house "remodeling" stuff? I forget who...maybe we can submit her for an extreme makeover!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, I dont' know about all the things you've mentioned. I know he said his cup runneth over today. He said the crew was awesome, the community and all the workers pulled together in a spirit of helping. I have no idea how they select the families. It will air May 20. He was on the framing crew. For him, it was a great thing to be a part of.
My sons father is an alcoholic, my son is a skilled carpenter and mason. This was important to him for many reasons.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

can't wait to see it
Old 03-29-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

that's me

holy cow -that's me!!! my husband is tearing up my house. thankfully things have stabilized for the moment. i think he wore himself out. he has repaired some of the damage, but still has a long way to go. we still have cabinets tore out, a hole in wall, and painting that needs to be done and, oh, we have to get a completely new kitchen. anyway, i'm just waiting for the next wrecking ball to hit my house. i am sure it is coming. he is saying something about dumping gravel in our yard to make a driveway right though the yard. it is so sweet of you to think of me.
i was actually part of the extreme makeover with the man who's wife died in her sleep after watching the show and the three girls-the girl named Harley. he is a teacher in our area. it was an AWESOME experience!!! quite a production. truely life changing. made me feel so good to be part of it. i was there everyday for everything. the only sad thing was that someone stold the motorcycle they gave him after the show aired. ty is even sexier in person. all very nice people!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

how cool is that??maybe they can drive by your house as well???? I would be trying to get them hahahaa.......
Old 03-30-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So cool.... last year when the were in NY I was able to participate.. A great experience.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
it is what it is...

Awesome Mallowcup!! Will you post a thread again closer to the 20th. I can't remember crap and I really want to watch it. A reminder would be wonderful!!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

yes keep us updated--so we can watch the show