We Drink, He's in Detox

Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

true enough--I am not an alcoholic but once I stopped drinking socially-I would still go out with my friends and I would sit there and listen to 4 different people talking to eeach other about 4 different things at the same time! No one made any sense to me-so I stopped going out to the places that people were going to for primarily to get drunk...it wasn't 'fun' anymore
Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank You!

I Want to thank you all for your great insight and advice. It has been VERY helpful. After reading your posts and talking with my friends I think that we will put the alchohol to rest for a while and try to find some non-drinking things to do. I think Golfman put it best with the lung cancer analogy. Then maybe after he becomes more confident and stable, start bringing him back into situations where there is drinking going on.
On another note I mentioned that all of his friends and family drink. I'm thinking that maybe I'll be the first one that doesn't.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

A question I suppose everyone has asked themselves. My sister who is an alcoholic told me that she cant be around other drinkers. Simply because she can smell it and it gets her senses going. She relates it to feeling better so we do not drink around her. We talk, laugh and do other things.
Its a hard ask especially if your mates relate booze with a good time , like alot of us do. You know, a drink on the weekend, winddown.

Look at it this way, If you had three children in your house, you gave 2 of the children an icecream each and told the other child they couldnt have an icecream because they were fat, how do you think that would go down?

After all they still are human.