OT--Nervous about my trip

Old 03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT--Nervous about my trip

Going on a trip should be fun, right? Not nervous like I'm feeling...
Just got off the phone with my aunt, we are still going, but really don't have plans and nowhere already set to stay. I've packed too much for a short stay, but I couldn't make up my mind about what to take. I also stood in the grocery aisle staring at snacks like it was the end of the world if I didn't choose just the right thing. This too shall pass, but I'm realizing I need to learn how to go with the flow better. I've already second guessed about not going on the trip, but I'm still going.

How do you learn how to enjoy not being in control and having a plan for everything?

(p.s. The aunt I'm traveling with is the one who divorced her AH and let me stay with her when I left my exabf last year. I'm in good recovery company, so maybe that's why I'm nervous, too. Probably doesn't make sense, but I'm just rambling my anxiety away for a few minutes.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Breathe in, Breathe out......it's gonna be o-kay

Don't stress out .........relax and enjoy yourself, you deserve it!!!!

I too always pack more than I will need, better to be safe than sorry.

If you don't have the kinda snacks you want, there's gotta be a store somewhere along the way

It sounds like you aunt is a good travel companion.

Have fun!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Lilac!
I think I'm worried I won't be the good travel companion.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not there to entertain her, you are there to enjoy yourself !!!!

She doesn't expect you to be the "perfect travel companion" ...whatever that might be
Old 03-24-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh, this is just too funny....i just went on a 5 night trip with my dog....yes, my dog. and i packed like armeggadon was gonna happen.

i know just what you mean....what if i want my books? or my jewelry box? or all of my make-up? and of course all of my clip on pony tails? and all of my dvd's, cause you know, you never know just what you will want to watch in the woods with no tv reception????

and the food....lordy.....the perfect choices. wore myself out just packing...took me 3 hours to pack up my car. no lie.

i was so tired after unpacking at the cabin that i plopped down on the couch and fell sound asleep and woke myself up snoring so loudly that i thought someone was coming through the door. it was hilarious.

i had a wonderful time....and you will, too.

next time, it will be much easier. we'll get used to being a normie some day, aztchar.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Embraced!!!
Hope you were able to get some rest after making all of those decisions!

I'm so glad I'm not alone!! Thanks for sharing your experiences! At least I know people here can relate to me! I've finally found where I belong.

I think I'll just have to keep taking trips to get used to it all!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sounds like a good plan to me....lots of trips so we can get better at making packing decisions.

i blew into that place like a mad woman.....the lady at the check in cabin did not recognize me when i checked out....hahahahahaha! she couldn't believe i was the same woman that checked in 5 days earlier.

my hair was blowed back, no make-up on, sweats and flip-flops......and a wild horse eye wallerin' look on my face!

when i checked out i was all poofed and gussied up with cool shades on.....and i smelled so much nicer...ha ha ha.

have a great time!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sounds like she will be a great person to get awat with--hope you go....
Old 03-24-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Embraced, a wild horse wallerin' look????? You crack me up.....

As long as you were making snorting sounds like a horse, you know it is not ladylike to snort.