For those with no Elephants now....

Old 03-24-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so thankful that I found this board. You don't know how many times I have said that my soul is chipping away. I was becoming so hard hearted. I couldn't stand him and I couldn't stand me! I felt like I was standing on a train track trying with all my might to stop a speeding train. I couldn't stop the train and the train kept running over me. Finally I had to get off the train track. Thank you for the posts. Believe me, it helps.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

For me, I used the phrase "broken spirit", which probably goes along the same lines of a stolen/broken soul.

My XAH and I seperated 3 years ago and it's been rough in a lot of ways. I finally found closure to many things - and not in the way that I ever dreamed that I would. It has been since then that I've truly found that my life is starting over on many levels. But I guess it took all the rough roads and wrong turns to get me to the bigger road of my serenity.

Like you, I clung to SR. It truly was my lifeline and I've commented many times that this place has truly saved my life.

Thank you bonbon for having posted what you have. I found that coming here and reading, I often found just what I was needing and looking for even when I didn't respond. It was in knowing that I was not alone and that people really did understand that got me coming back here.

Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad that you have found a peace in your life that you didn't have before and that your life is truly transforming for the better.