Second time

Old 03-21-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Second time

Well, after ABF's last attempt to sober up, which lasted 12 days.....12 GOOD days, mind you.....he relapsed and had been going at it full steam.
Until last night. We had over a spiritual mentor for the second time. The man is wise, funny and ABF and I both likke him. They are both Catholic, I am not. No matter there.
I am again hoping that this will be the last time.

So.....ABF did not drink at all yesterday or this morning.....

And my feelings are all mixed up and crazy.

I want him well but not sure if iI want him romantically anymore.

My friend from Europe called my cell this AM and ABF answered it because I was in the shower. Mr Europe just hung up because he does not speak English. ABF told me my boyfriend called.....I said "Can't you just say friend?"

Sorry....rambling again.........AWFUL allergies all daay yesterday and today and I don't feel like going to work today......but I will.

Hope everyone has a great day today! It's nice just knowing that there are ears out there.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there Tuff.
No wonder your feelings are all mixed up and crazy. Living with an alcoholic will do that to a person!
I totally know what you mean about not being sure about wanting him romanitcally again. So much has happened...I've seen so much...kinda kills the passion.
What would your ABF have to do for you to feel safe in this relationship? What kind of treatment/therapy etc do you think he needs in order to be on the road to recovery? Is he doing that? What are your boundaries? How many relapses are you willing to live through? Is this the kind of relationship you deserve? What keeps you there?

hang in there...hugs to you
Old 03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tuffenuff View Post
I want him well but not sure if iI want him romantically anymore.
I used to feel the same way. But since my AH has been sober, and now that the poison is out of his system, his appearance has greatly improved -- he's handsome again. And now that he's not drunk, he is very pleasant to be around. I had forgotten how witty and smart he was. I think I have a crush on him.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

tuff, i'm sorry for the roller coaster! perhaps you can give it some time and see if, like hope, you have a newfound love for your husband that you were unable to see recently because of his drinking and the problems it's caused? just a thought... some time might help you see more clearly