SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Going to court tomorow (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/118851-going-court-tomorow.html)

kermit 03-20-2007 01:40 PM

Going to court tomorow

I just got a call from my attorney to go over things for tomorrows default hearing! When I hung up I cried like a baby, tomorrow I will be divorced.
I feel like crap

queenteree 03-20-2007 01:44 PM

((((Kermit))))
I didn't mean to thank you, I hit the wrong button. I have no words of support to offer you other than I'm sorry you are feeling this way. You're a strong person and you will get thru this. Hugs and love to you.
QT

ICU 03-20-2007 02:36 PM

(((Kermit)))

Not to say that this is the same exact thing, but when I got my final restraining order, I cried/sobbed all the way home from court. (See, the man I saw in court was the man I had fallen in love with....not the monster that I had come to know and had been living with).

I called my counselor and told her that I saw it through. I was crying so hard I could barely get the words out.

But the next day I felt some sort of release! I think because it was a HUGE step I had taken. Although it was hard, and it took a lot of courage, I did it, because it was what was best for me. It was a life altering moment, and, was the first day of the rest of my life.

It's ok to let those tears out. You will survive this. Maybe this will be the first day of the rest of your life too!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending strength and courage your way. When you're ready, let us know how it went, and, how you are!

chero 03-20-2007 03:17 PM

OMG! I was just thinking the same thing, ICU, This will be the first day of the rest of her life!
I'll be thinking of you, Kermit! Just remember you are strong!! You can do anything! Look what you've survived already!!!
Hugs and Prayers, Cheryl

AllTooSober 03-20-2007 03:18 PM

Oh kermit, I'm so sorry you're hurting, even though it's perfectly normal to be unhappy about divorce. Go ahead and let those tears out--it can be healing and cleansing. Hang in there, sweetie. After tomorrow you won't *have* to think about it anymore. (((kermie)))

Janitw 03-20-2007 03:31 PM

Kermit - I want to tell you that I know how hurt you are I still am and its been 5 months for me since my divorce...it gets better but it hurts like heck going through it...I am sending you a great big hug hun....keep your chin up.

((((((((((((kermit)))))))))))))

Janit

WantsOut 03-20-2007 03:36 PM

Kerm, I'm sorry you're feeling so sad. It will pass. You will have the calm life you truly want. Hang on hon ... you'll be ok.

Cynay 03-20-2007 03:48 PM

:Val004:

All part of the process sweets.... cry and get it all out, that is what you need to do in your healing. You will only feel like this for a short time compared to how long you have been going through it.... I promise it will get better.

dollydo 03-20-2007 04:18 PM

Mourning the death of a marriage is only second to mourning the death of a loved one.

This feeling will pass, it just takes time....

kermit 03-20-2007 04:58 PM

I love you all sp very much, thanks, I will let you know how it goes

denny57 03-20-2007 05:12 PM

(((kermit)))

MsGolightly 03-20-2007 05:32 PM

kermit, i'm so sorry you're going through this... reread cynay's helen keller quote a few times - this is your door opening onto bigger and better things

time will heal your heart... all you can do is wait for that day to come. things have nowhere to go but up! :)

free2be 03-20-2007 05:47 PM

((((kermit))))

I will be thinking and praying for you tomm. be strong. It will all be o.k.

Mr. Christian 03-20-2007 06:00 PM

I found the death of the relationship to be the worst thing I ever went through.
All the hopes and dreams and the fantastic times stick in your mind.

The reality that I had to face and many others have is that you can no longer live a healthy life with this person.
Love does not go away that easy but self-perseverance must come first.
That my friend you have done, like myself and the others here that have chosen to step out of the insanity.

My only thoughts for you is remember what you did have and use it for your children and when they need to deal with their Father.

Because remember why they are here and what brought them to be.
That Kermit will be a gift to them.

cmc 03-20-2007 06:37 PM

****{kermit}}}
You won't be going to court alone....so many here send their thoughts and prayers along with you. Take good care of yourself.
hugs,
cmc

Godhelpme 03-20-2007 07:08 PM

(((Kermit))) I'm just so sorry for all you're going through. Sending ((hugs))) your way.

Peace to you~
ghm

lillian 03-20-2007 07:14 PM

i'm so sorry- it seems like it would be a normal response to finalizing something that was such an important part of your life and your psyche. but you didn't let your response, or fear of your being sad, stop you from doing what you knew you had to do to be a mature, responsible adult and take care of yourself-- that's maturity. you're allowed to have those feelings- if you have them, you can release them-- but you don't have to act on them. (why can't i take my own advice?) get lots of rest.

Pick-a-name 03-20-2007 07:14 PM

(((kermit))) I'm holdng you in my thoughts and prayers,too

kermit 03-20-2007 07:27 PM

Wow, thanks a buch
Lillian, I necer took my own advise either not untill I was ready

Mr. C Thanks......for everything. I don't think I would have come this far with out your help! Your honesty is always what I need, you never hold back with me and I love that.
I'm counting on all your prayers.... Thank you thank you thank you all!

mazey 03-20-2007 07:38 PM

(((((Kermit))))))
Days will get easier......I'll be thinking bout ya tomorrow.