what have you done for YOU lately?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what have you done for YOU lately?

FD's birthday bash really got me to thinking....what have you done for you lately?

Me - well, I've been attending church which is really great!
I've been in contact with my grandson (long story) which is great!
I'm getting back in touch with my emotional giving gentle side (It's been missing on haitus for way too long)
And I've begun really taking control of this disorganized house (something I've been complaining about for a long time but hadn't got too serious about)
I'm making amends to those I've hurt (this is just as much good for me as them)
And I'm really aiming at creating a better life for myself.

Oh - and I went and got my hair cut yesterday and hopped in the tanning bed!

It feels good to be nice to me!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had a great weekend! My little bit of a raise came through (National Board teaching achievement) so yesterday I indulged with a new swimsuit, my aunt called from the mall I was already in and ended up shopping/had lunch with her (I'm traveling with her next weekend to Huntington Beach), and today my mom came over and we read books and magazines at the apartment pool.

Although, from my balcony I really think I saw an old, old bf ..not the exabf that brought me here to SR. I hesitated to even go outside for about 20 minutes, my mom was so patient with me and understood, but then the mystery guy and his group of friends when inside, so we went out to the pool.
I kind of want to run into him, but nervous if I do.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I made a appointment for a new tattoo!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What are you going to get, Kermit? I like them on other people, but am not brave enough for myself.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tanning

This time of year here it is hot enough and the sun is strong enough to get an ugly sunburn, so last week I started a month's worth of tanning on a high-intensity bed. Keeps me from burning when I'm out in the sun. Also ... called up a new gym just a few miles from my home about joining next week. Diet? Nah! I love eating what I choose to eat; can't stand being hemmed in by a diet.

Anybody out there have a diet they've tried that doesn't get boring and they really enjoy while seeing results? Let me know!

Started serious job search. Caught up with a backlog of schoolwork. Started attending one of the bible study groups affiliated with my church two weeks ago and meeting some very nice folks by doing so.

Getting all my M.D. routine exams up-to-date. Feels good to focus on remaining healthy.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

I spent my weekend painting my bathroom and living room, and they look terrific! I had more fun then by hanging pictures and unpacking my knickknacks and photos, and I spent WAY too much quality time watching a TV marathon of Wonderfalls. Whew.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I spent the weekend on the couch getting over a sinus infection....I would
sleep a little, watch a movie, sleep a little.........you get the picture
Old 03-19-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post

Anybody out there have a diet they've tried that doesn't get boring and they really enjoy while seeing results? Let me know!
I don't think there is a diet like that, but I have starting really watching my portion sizes and the 100 calorie snack packs are wonderful when you have a sweet tooth, they make the little ding dong chocolate thingys and the carrot cake one with cream cheese frosting and they are wonderful. I have lost almost 20 pounds doing this.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I got my nails done yesterday. I bought some special pore cleanser. I'm listening to music way too loudly right now
Old 03-19-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Wantsout, me too music is my thing, I put my earphones on and turn it up so loud that hear only the music,
Aztchr, I'm getting a tree on my shoulder, down my arm, no color only shading
Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

My son has a new love interest named Brandy. Being a true 70s music lover this of course makes me break out singing (and listening to):

And the sailor said "Brandy, you're a fine girl.
What a good wife you would be!
But my life, my love, and my lady
is the sea."
Old 03-19-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I took some long walks with my poochie--cooked a nice dinner for everyone---fed the birds---watched some good dvds.....Plus I gave my AS who has been in recovery for over 6 months some extra cash so he could take his girl to dinner and a movie---I know alot of its not''for me''but thats wha makes me feel better
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Chero I am set to get a tatoo as well--the chinese smbol for HOPE--my favorite word--on my left forearm--small one....
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Royalty

I joined weight watchers.....can't say that I am thrilled about that.
I have never been on a diet my entire life, always gained weight, lost weight, didn't ever matter.....but now that I am past 40, it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. It is a point system, so many points per day....this is my first day, so can't really say that it is good or bad. Mostly I am just going to eat healthier and keep excercising.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ICU

I bought pot of beautiful lilac colored hyacinths and put it on the desk next to my computer. Each day as the buds open up, they become more and more fragrant! Wish I could find a perfume that smelled like that!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ooooh, I LOVE the tanning bad.....so bad for your skin, but so good for your self esteem!!! So I did that, been trying to go from elliptical machine to being a runner again, I bought some new perfume (it doesn't smell like hyacinth, ICU, but it's great I think -- Ralph Lauren Rocks...mmmmmmm), bought an adorable new sundress, and most important of all, I BOOKED A CRUISE WITH MY FRIEND TO COZUMEL!!!!!

Can you tell I'm happy about it?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What have i done for me lately...

Well, i got me a new job to help
pay rent for my new residence
here in Baton Rouge. Moving back
here to my own hometown was for
me....I dont want to think of the move
as selfish reasons....My unhappiness
for 10 yrs back in Houston made me
dream about wanting to return here and
to never leave again. And it happened.

However my life is in my HP's hands as
He guides me and takes care of me while
i continue to follow the steps of our
awesome program ODAAT.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
...Anybody out there have a diet they've tried that doesn't get boring and they really enjoy while seeing results? Let me know!...
Now we've had this discussion before, and as I recall the best diet plan in the world is 100% sushi Lotsa protein, great flavor, and very healthy.

As far as good stuff for me; hanging out with my friends, meeting some newcomers, got a great deal on a used printer for my pictures, and I'm even dating again.

Oh yeah and I gotta promotion at my job! Yay for me !!

Mike
Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

it's nice to hear about positive things- thank you- this was a good thread. i went for a long hike with my dog, watched a buster keaton video, ate cake and milk, and hung out with my family.and my SR family helped me this weekend too!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This was a great thread to read, so relaxing!

I'm applying for graduate school right now, and I have until the end of the month to get everything in, and its very frazzling. So I'm ignoring all things I should be doing tonight and going online, or catching up on a book while curled up in my bed.

And I'm enjoying the new radiator and breaks in my car. I didn't even know I needed new breaks until I turned down my music one day and heard a horrible grinding when I stopped!