I don't want to go to Al-anon

Old 03-16-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

aGrandma... Stop being pissed off. You don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to do. And you certainly don't need anyone else's permission to feel that way.

Maybe you will feel differently later. It's okay.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Excellent wrap up there hope2bhappy. There ya go Grandma, I agree, you don't Have to do anything. Always take what you can use and leave the rest.
Keep us updated. Caring hugs
Old 03-16-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the information and support. Maybe I will go to a meeting. If I can figure out which one I can go to....just kidding, I'm sure I can figure out their schedule.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
full of hope

That's the spirit!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Agrandma,

I live in N.Calif and I the Sacto area is part of my Area. I understand your confusion regarding the schedules. I, too was confused when I first looked at it. Maybe I can help...each of the groups gives themselves a "name". My group is called Tues Night Beginners, there are other group names like serenity, step groups, etc. Fear not, you can go to any of these groups. It's just a name and perhaps an insight to the groups format. A beginners group does not just have beginners, otherwise there'd never be anyone there with recovery !!!.

The ONLY requirement to attend any al-anon meeting is that your life has been touched by someone with a trouble with alcohol (or any addiction for that matter).

I hope you find your way to a meeting. If you don't like a meeting, you don't have to go back. Try another meeting - they all have different formats and personalities. There should be alot in your area.

Al-anon is about YOU not the alcoholic. It's your program of recovery.

Peace

Karen