changed my number/changing my life

Old 03-15-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

changed my number/changing my life

Yesterday my number finally was changed. It was weird to come home, look at the machine and realize "oh yeah no more messages!" no more dread, no more fear, no more manipulation.

Of course I still work with him, but I changed my parking spot so that I no longer see his car/him when I arrive or leave. Wow, outta site outta mind really does work! There are days when I haven't seen him. There are days when I barely think of him.

Now I'm not saying I'm suddenly free of the memories, pain, sadness. Today for instance I did see him a few times at work. It's amazing and frightenly decieving how good someone who abuses themselves so much can look on the outside. But all I have to do is conjure up any bad memories from the rolodex in my brain to wipe away thoughts of attraction.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Every step forward puts us closer to our goal. Glad to see you moving forward and finding ways to keep the peace in your life.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i envy you- when i see that i have no messages, even though i asked him not to contact me, i am sad. i wish he'd chosen to be with me instead of leaving me. good luck to you!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Sucks you gotta work with him
Old 03-15-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sketscher, you give me hope! i'm so impressed how all of you are able to move on... maybe it's because i keep falling back into the same trap that i'm having so much difficulty... but i really envy the progress you've made, i know how difficult it must have been (and still is sometimes)
Old 03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sounds like you are doing just fine! That is great news.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
full of hope

BRAVO TO YOU!! That wasn't just a step in the right direction, it was a giant hurdle over a swamp pit! Just keep that rolodex well oiled and you'll do fine!
Much love, Cheryl
Old 03-16-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It really is amazing how much better you can feel when you remove talking to or seeing them out of the equation. You're right...it's still there (although that also passes with time), but it's just as much not there. Glad to see you doing good.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I really wanted to post this to give others hope because I since I made these steps I feel further away from the entanglement. I feel more like me again. Simple life filled with promise. Plans for the garden and the house. Things like that.

Yeah it sucks to still work with him. But let me tell you he was very adament about not letting people know that we were together which of course included those at work (thought they guessed and eventually I confided to some). So that is to our advantage now more than ever. Our contact at work has gone from little to virtually none.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are more and and more validated each day. You sound well. See, you weren't crazy afterall. It's wonderful to live a senscial life.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you sketscher. Keep us posted.