hard thing to do...

Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Now I am wondering how you are...update when you can---and again I am so sorry if I said anything wrong to you and now feel guilty as all hell that I maybe was to harsh with my rresponce....
Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
mec

OK just an update... I know I have been gone for a few weeks... but I did go and see AB in jail and I was going to be strong and stick to my guns and tell him that I am done... but I lost it.. All I could do is cry... he said don't give up on us.. and that he was sorry and that he doesn't want to lose me... SO... I am giving him one last chance... he knows if he messes up again I am gone out of his life... While in jail he has been going to church and reading the bible, and he seem stronger then before... but how long will this last?
Thanks to all of you that care... and I will keep you posted.. he goes to court on Thursday, I will see what happens after that ...
Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Is this last chance 100 or do you really mean it this time?

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I must admit he's good, he manipulated you in one red hot moment.

I wish you the best, hope it works out for you.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
mec

see this is what I don't like about this site.... I come here looking for help... and all I get is people that tell me things that are bad... Like I have no idea what I am doing... How can you must give up on a man that you love so much... that you will go to the end of the earth for... and you know he wants to stop drinking he just needs some help...

After this I will not post here anymore... thanks for those how have helped me.

Last edited by Cynay; 03-26-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Personal Attacking.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I certainly did not intend to be mean, and, I am sorry if I upset you.

You have every idea about what you are doing, and why you are doing it.

All "A's" are not losers, they all have a disease, and all are manipulaters, it just goes with the territory. My mother has been drinking for 60 years, I don't think she is a loser, she is just very sick and there is nothing I can do about it, until she is ready to seek recovery, which in her case will never happen.

You made your choice, and again I say, I hope it works out for you.

Calm down. no need to get so defensive, I didn't say you should give up on him, this is your decision, not mine and does not affect me one way or the other.

Keep posting, I won't respond to your posts, that should resolve the issue.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I made the decision to edit the thread instead of closing it down and/or removing it because I feel there is good information here.

Please do not make things personal.... and do not attack others for there opinions.... Take what you want and leave the rest.

Thank you.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
mec

I just don't understand why some people can be so heartless... I know everyone in here is dealing with the same problems... but I took what the last person said personal... Like I am a fool cause I let him sucker me in again... Well if he did... that is my business... and I am done with this room.. Thanks again to all those who have helped me... but I can't handle the negetive stuff that some people say...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

mec: on the off chance that you do decide to ever come here again - I hope that you will read this post that I made awhile back:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...loved-him.html

It may help you to understand why some of the members here seem cold and heartless.

Even if you never post on this board again - I hope that you will read the "Sticky" posts on the forum. There really is a lot of good information in there.

While it may seem that you have gotten a lot of negative feedback or you've taken things personally - please remember that everyone here is in a different part of their recovery and each of us shares from our own experiences. While most of us don't have the "happily ever after" ending that we all wished for - that doesn't mean that we don't understand your pain because we do. In some way, shape, or form - we've been there and experienced it.

May you find happiness and peace mec. I wish you well.