Gone Fishing!

Old 04-24-2003, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gone Fishing!

Yeah, My hubby (A #2) went to my Dad's (A #1) to go fishing! My Dad actually guilted him in to coming. What a hoot!!! He was beat at his own game. My Dad got new carpet through out and called here wanting someone to come and see it. (Only a two hour drive on a work/school night) Hubby felt guilty because we haven't been there in a long time (due to my Dad's drinking) and my Dad did the pitiful routine and convinced him to come!

Several good things about this. The kids and I ate left overs so I didn't have to cook. I have TOTAL CONTROL of the REMOTE and I have the WHOLE BED without anyone SNORING!!! The best thing about all of it is this is the 1st time that I haven't had the giant knot in my stomach worrying about what might happen or how much they could be drinking. It feels great!!

With that, I am signing off to go to SLEEP with NO TV ON!! YEAH
Hope everyone sleeps like babies, blessing to all, Constant
Old 04-24-2003, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I hope you've been having a pleasant night, Constant. Just not having to cook is the greatest! Plus you get the remote and no snoring? And you are at peace? Why Constant, I do think you've died and gone to heaven!!!

Sleep tight!
Old 04-25-2003, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes Hangin, I thought I had until 3am when the phone wrang and it was my sister! The 1st words out of her mouth were I am going to al-anon with you. Evidentally the two ducks called her to quack at her at 3am. They called SIX times, woke up her 2 year old son before she took the phone off the hook. They had been discussing her move (she just bought her 1st house all by herself!!) and had some "issues" with it. Thought they would resolve it drunk at 3am!!!

The bright side to this is they weren't calling ME!

I just don't get this disease, my A (not Dad) has said all kinds of things about my Dad and his drinking, but he goes down there to "fish" and calls my sister plastered at 3am!?!? Isn't that calling the kettle black? Don't they see it? Oh well, I am going to go about my day.....in the POURING RAIN.......and enjoy it regardless.

Probabaly gonna need some help from y'all....my 15 year anniversary was Wed. We have reservations in a very nice Inn in the mountains next weekend to celebrate, but things like this really make me NOT want to be around HIM......What do I do?

Constant.............I feel like the duck today with all this rain..waddling off to work!
Old 04-25-2003, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

(((constant))))

Your line- "they called her at 3 am to QUACK" is a classic. It made me laugh, and it's so true. How far you have come in your recovery to be able to see that for what it is, and how blessed you were that they called someone ELSE!

Perhaps a different spin on the anniversary - again, how far you've come in your recovery, your life, your marriage, your journey with this man. Celebrate that with him in your life, you found Al Anon, a program of love, hope, support, & tools. You found US! And perhaps you can separate the A from the disease, and remember the love you share with the person.

Happy day. I have a vision of you in a yellow rain slicker, hat, boots and umbrella waddling happily thru the puddles.

Hugs
O59
Old 04-25-2003, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Constant - so the rain has finally left here and moved on down to Georgia - you're welcome to it!

Leftovers, sole possession of the remote, and the bed to yourself - sounds like heaven. How little it takes to make us happy!

Can't add much to what Osier said - her words were beautiful. I hope your celebration will be a joyous one, Constant. Congratualtions!

Love and hugs.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad I could provide a good visual for ya Osier! I had to laugh when called up that visual!

Thanks Margo! I am praying for one more night of having all the amenities to myself......maybe he'll be so hung over he'll have to hang around another night!!

Later guys, Constant
Old 04-25-2003, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Constant)))

I know what it's like! When my "A" leaves for the weekend, it's like heaven on earth! I stay up so late I get completely exhausted, just to have all that peace and enjoy as much of it as I can! I watch movies--anything I want to watch. Nobody quacks about anything! Ain't it great? (I think mine's leaving next weekend, so keep your fingers crossed).

I know about the knot in your stomach knowing you have to spend time alone with him! I had the same thing last Sept. for my anniv. --but really, it did turn out good considering we were hardly talking to each other before we left. So, it probably will go better than you expect. But then, a couple of months ago, he wanted to go to Nashville, and I refused to go, using kids as my excuse, though it was half the reason. I know I should have told him the whole truth, but then he would have just resented it. He was going to go by himself, and I was sure hoping he would, but he just stayed home. We're leaving in June in a motor home for 9 days, and my stomach churns just thinking about it. 6 of us for 9 days in a motor home? Yuck! Nowhere to hide. Hope we all get laryngitis!

Enjoy your peace!

Lyn
Old 04-26-2003, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lyn, Your right, it probably will go better than expected. It might even be an opportunity to discuss my concerns without all the other ears around!

I will be thinking about you on your trip.....9 days with 6 of you!! It might drive you to drink before you get back....just kidding! We are going on vacation in June for a week. I always look forward to going, but that knot sits there because I never know if it will be a good vacation or bad. This year we are staying in a place that actually has rooms with doors so that should help. It is hard for 5 people to stay in one room for a week and not get stressed!

Hope your weekend is great! The sun is shining today and I FEEL GOOD!!!

Constant