Cheating...The "13th" Step?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Birdeyes,

do you realize you are replying to a 15 month old post?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I know it's strange when an old post shows up out of no where, but for me this is relevant to my situation- and very needed today. I, for one, am glad it's popped up again.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

For my RAH it was the attention he was getting from someone else that he thrived on. I have discovered that in fact he DID cheat on me with two woman I had suspected. Now he has yet to admit that to me, I did a NO/NO and found out. So, the discovery as hard as it was to read, it wasn't suprising to me. Don't get me wrong, the pain, the pissed offness, the tears all still came, but it was because he admitted it in his 4th step but wouldn't to me. I have given him so many outs to come clean, even discussed it with my sponsor (Al-Anon) and she keeps reminding me that when he makes his amends to me, it may very well be "I am sorry for everything thing that I have done to wrong you" and that's it.

I am trying to prepare myself for that, but will be very frustrated if that's all I get.

Hang in there, and I agree, trust your gut. I did that's why it wasn't a suprise. My RAH is the king of all liars. He's been sober now 3 years 7 months and we just celebrated our 21st anniversary.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Birdeyes,

do you realize you are replying to a 15 month old post?

Thanks dgill for the heads up! I didn't even notice the date. Just saw it pop up on the 1st page of posts. I did wonder about the names I saw because I didn't recognize them. LOL! Oops!