SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I flippin did it again.......SEND (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/118124-i-flippin-did-again-send.html)

kermit 03-12-2007 07:55 PM

I flippin did it again.......SEND

This time I told him what a coward i think he is. Whatever. I'm alittle under pressure here. I'm sure you have all see the News Papers about the Company i work for. (a sub-prime lender) going Bankrupt so I don't know if I will have a job tomorrow or not. The house is not selling but it has only been 30 days I will have to give a bit longer because the market sucks out here in Ca. I'm thinking that when it does I'm taking the equity and moving to some place where I can by a property free and clear, work at the local market and call it the perfect life. What do you all think?

I did say I was sorr, that I'm under allot of pressure and felt he needed to here about it. I don't think he even reads my e-mails.

WantsOut 03-12-2007 08:09 PM

You and I are of one mind. My place in NY went on the market a couple days ago. The goal is to get out of here and go someplace where I can buy outright.

Where do you have in mind? I was thinking about Texas but people keep trying to talk me out of it. I would rent for a year before I bought to be sure.

kermit 03-12-2007 08:13 PM

I'm all for Texas or maybe Arizona, the kids Uncle is there. I have even thought about Ohio, my daught said she couls apply to Ohio State. I found houses there for under 100k. Thats what I'm taliking about!

HolyQow 03-12-2007 08:15 PM

Did you bury the statue upside-down in the yard? It's supposed to make your house sell faster. (might have to google it, cuz I don't remember which statue). 30 days isn't that long.....did the realtor give you an estimate by how many days the houses nearest you took to sell?

When we sold my husband's house, our realtor told us 60 days was average for our area......but then she really overpriced it (by 20k more than we thought) and it took about 90 days to sell....so it was worth the wait.

I like your plan....and what aisle is the tissues in,Mam? I need to send the coward in question a box or two.....not that two wrongs make a right, but I am sure he has said much much worse to you over the years. Sometimes it helps to get it out.....I just wouldn't apologize afterwards.

Good luck on the house.

MsGolightly 03-12-2007 08:27 PM

it's st. joseph that's supposed to make you sell your house faster :)

good luck, i know it's a stressful time. vent away!

kermit 03-12-2007 09:06 PM

Maybe I can poor cement over my Ah and bury him upside down.
Just a thought

Zoey 03-12-2007 09:50 PM

SE AZ has best year around temp. Last I heard temp about 10 degrees cooler than Tucson, 15 degrees cooler than Phoenix. Sometimes get light cover of snow, gone by noon next day. no mud, sand slurps it.
Renting for a year is excellent idea.

MsGolightly 03-12-2007 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by kermit (Post 1245021)
Maybe I can poor cement over my Ah and bury him upside down.
Just a thought

haha, that made me laugh out loud. an excellent idea :)

Sunflower 03-12-2007 11:01 PM

I agree---thanks for the laugh---he might look good in cement--lol

dollydo 03-13-2007 03:54 AM

He,He...I enjoyed that idea!

WantsOut 03-13-2007 07:27 AM

Are you sure that's good luck tho ;)

mallowcup 03-13-2007 07:33 AM

I would move to the north west, they have a triple growing season. North Carolina is very nice too. New Mexico is beautiful. Texas is just a bit too....Texas. I think it depends on what kind of lifestyle you like.

WantsOut 03-13-2007 07:55 AM

You have something against deep fried balls of cotton candy and Snickers Bars? I hear that's considered health food down there *snort*

Golfman 03-13-2007 08:20 AM

Kermit and Wantsout,

I was just crusin' by and saw that you are considering a move. Might I suggest Tennessee. Four seasons, not too cold, not too hot, spring and fall are gorgeous. I know, you're worried because you heard we don't have running water and a full set of teeth. Well, that's not true. I tore down the outhouse last week and my dentist said I'd be all set within the next six months.

Really though, the housing market here is slightly depressed right now. Good for buyers. Nashville won't get you the Metropolitan Opera, but we do have a symphony. The job market here is pretty good. Unemployment rate between 4%-5%.

I wish you ladies the best,
Ed

MsPINKAcres 03-13-2007 08:32 AM

Would also like to extend an invitation to the great State of Louisiana - The housing market is really open here, Unemployment rate not too bad in the bigger cities - Everyone knows what really great food we have!! And of course, there is LSU football.

Draw backs - are you afraid of a few hurricanes now & then? Alligators, mosquitos or other critters - then we may not be the state for you. lol (Just kidding)

Good luck with the sale of the house & the move. I hope you find the right place for you.

:)
Rita

resentful wife 03-13-2007 08:32 AM

Nothing wrong with texas Gulf Coast, Got Sun and the beach weather is nice all year. And never heard of deep fried cotton candy balls. That might be Mississippi. LOL

LIFEOUTTHERE 03-13-2007 10:00 AM

Never heard of the cotton candy thing over here in Mississippi. We do have lots of southern hospitality to offer you tho.

kermit 03-13-2007 10:55 AM

What a bunch of great ideas.. i will keep them in mind

Things are ugly here at work, I will know my fate at 12

AllTooSober 03-13-2007 10:57 AM

(((kermit))) here's hoping you get to keep your job (if you want it, that is!)!!

mazey 03-13-2007 11:17 AM

Oh, Kermit....now your job in jeapardy! When it rains it pours, huh?
Some how, things will work out.