Still need help trying to find a certain AL-Anon book...

Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wife of acoholic and addict

Still need help trying to find a certain AL-Anon book...

Hi everyone~
I am tring to find a particular Al-Anon book that someone was talking about last month at my family service meeting last month. It sounded perfect for me but unfortunately I didn't write the title down and now I can't remember which one it was.
Anyways- it has a lot of chapters on particular feelings and emotions that we the family members can go through or experience as a result of the addicts/alcoholics in our lives. For instance, if you are feeling sad or angry you can go to that particular page on that subject. Does anyone here know what book I am talking about??? I hope someone here can help me, I feel like I am losing my mind (again) and I just started getting it back!! LOL
I appreciate any suggestions~
Thanks,
Leslie
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Hi!

My best suggestion would be to go to a local Al-Anon meeting and look through the literature offered there. I find the daily readers--Courage To Change, Hope For Today, and One Day At A Time In Al-Anon (ODAT)-- very helpful, and they're indexed by subject.

As for a book with chapters, perhaps the one mentioned was How Al-Al-Anon Works?

There's lots of good stuff out there and, as I've been told, the program is in the literature!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you might be talking about "Courage to Change." You can get it yourself on line if you have to. Let me know if you need help.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wife of acoholic and addict

Thank you all for your help. My sponsor was out of town for a couple days and I didn't want to bother her but she thought it was the Al-Anon Works book which I have a bid on Ebay right now.
Thank you again~
Leslie