SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Mr. Wonderful called today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/118022-mr-wonderful-called-today.html)

Sunflower 03-13-2007 04:13 PM

Good one---it is so hard with those maternal feelings isn't it??

IO Storm 03-13-2007 04:14 PM

Oh, yes. Sorry to have hit a nerve frizzy.
I do not even know if my EX ABF is even alive and I abhor what his dear mother went through. She was the dearest, kindest Christian lady and was always kind to me. However, she did enable him.

Sorry, but it is the truth.

And, when Bjen's husband and she committed to one another, mom had to step back and allow the relationship to go through it's struggles.

Also, did you notice I didn't call any names. You and she are using the nicknames wonderful and wonderboy.

methinks you protesteth too much!

Sunflower 03-13-2007 04:29 PM

I warned you I was crazy!! lolI am sure I have enabled my son for years--but now I understand more about it things are better...he is still sober-and doing well.
what happens between a husband and wife is private no doubtt about it--but I may be wrong I thought there was the question of involving the mother?? If you invite her into the issue--you just gotta know she is gonna act like a mother bear--unless she knows better---
on the calling of names? it doesn't matter they are all innocent--we are all here for each other--I really am trying to fit in--

IO Storm 03-13-2007 06:26 PM

Okay.

Hey, nobody talks about any of my 33, 31, and 21 year old babies.

Love you,

IO

IO Storm 03-13-2007 06:28 PM

Bjen:

Hope things are a little more stable for you today. as you can see, we all have our troubles, and all are here for one another. That is the strngth of the forums...

Love,

IO storm

embraced2000 03-13-2007 06:29 PM

I'M the ONLY one that talk about my babies...34, 33, 28, & 21. i can say anything i want.....but watch outttt.....i won't even let them talk about each other to me. ha ha

they will always be my little suga-bugas.

Bjen 03-13-2007 10:40 PM

Thanks everybody. And prodigal.... don't worry about new boys for me any time soon! The only boy I enjoy spending time with is the little blonde one in my picture here!! And there are even days when I don't like him so much!! But I Frizzy, have also enabled my baby. He is so cute in the pic but boy is he naughty!! I am pretty sure though it is all my fault, I don't need any advice on that one!! :) P.S. I'm NOT married!! Just with him forever - engaged once, maybe twice, at least him and I got that part right.

Sunflower 03-14-2007 12:35 PM

I like being with my poochie as well(pictured here)--unconditional love---they are very comforting during stressful times