anyone ever tried this??

Old 03-09-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink anyone ever tried this??

In my previous post I talked about learning to live in the now and being a little crazy lol.
Has anyone ever tried the journal writing daily what you are thankful for in your life.
A friend told me once to try it and it was an eye opener for me-everyday I opened the journal and wrote one thing I was grateful for in my life--I thought it would be a hard thing to do because on the surface my life was spinning out of control...I even took to making it a sticky note and putting on my refrig so it wouldn't be closed up in a journal but right out where I would have to see it many times a day.....things like,,,
I have eyes that can see
I can walk
I have food
Simple things that others may not have--not everyone can see-walk-and has food.
We need to be thankful right down to the simplest things in our life we take for granted---everyday....try it---it may have an effect on you and change the way you look at life....
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My old sponsor really suggested I journal....

I did not because I have a phobia of dying and someone reading my journal.... or even a SO or my Daughter finding them and reading them.... it would be like them climbing into my mind and personal thoughts..... Nope, nada....

But a grateful journal would not be so bad.... I might have to give that a try.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i journal and have several tucked away in my storage building. will my kids ever be surprised....but i think in a very good way....maybe through my death and them reading about where i've been, they will finally know me as a human, instead of mom.

when we do a gratitude journal, it is amazing what we can find to be grateful for. after becoming so lost, it is beautiful to recognize the most simple things that we have come to take for granted.

keep it up frizzy, and pretty soon, you will be pouring your heart out.....it took me places that i would have never gone. i got to crawl into my own mind....and for me....writing it down was cleansing. somehow, made it real.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey all you don't have to write down what you are feeling in sentences where someone else might reas them--JUST ONE WORD----like---my eyes---water---aroof over my head----a job---whatever---makes it easy(ok maybe a few words) no one will have a clue if they see it
Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

I like this idea. I journal every day anyway, so I'm curious to see how I'm affected by writing down my "grateful-today-for:" thing.

Thank you, frizzylynn!
Old 03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I journal everyday, but it is more about my feelings/ a gripe session....

I am going to try the grateful journal....
Old 03-10-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Royalty

Ditto on the journal .... it seems I only write in it when I am p.o.'d at the world. I go back and read and am shocked sometimes how mad I was that day. So being grateful is a whole different thing. I think I live in a way that makes me notice the things I am grateful for, and not take for granted much. I think my kids would benefit from such a journal though....they haven't had to want for much in their lives, and should wake up and take notice of how lucky they are. Thanks for the Idea, I believe I will pass this on to them.