Eating my own guts

Old 03-08-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wants out, You can go to Zillow.com and I believe if you type in the zip code it will show you houses in that zip and the value so you can compare with yours. And don't give up some things just take longer to work out.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

See all the good advise you got here?I am amzed reading the replies to you--what a great supportive team...you will make it--keep going -going-going--don't get caught in the rut...it will all come together for you...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
In Recovery

WO,

I wanted to add; used to be a REALTOR, and the $50K is huge, unless you own a $2.3mil home (don't we all wish).... Anyway, there is something in the real estate industry called "buying a listing."

This is when a real estate agent finds out how much a previous agent offered to list your home at, and then "bumps up" the list price, knowing full well that the price will eventually drop (which can have a negative impact on the sell-ability, because it causes buyers to think: 1) "Something's wrong with the home" and/or 2) ooh, they dropped it $XX, maybe they'll lower to $XXX if we play our cards right).

Be careful for "slick" real estate agents. They are all hungry right now, because the market is slow. NEVER tell an agent what a previous agent said about the list price.

Go with someone with whom you feel comfortable, safe, and who seems professional and even-tempered. The highest bid is almost always a bad idea, unless there is a sudden bump in your local housing market.

JMO
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Thanks TGI. Actually the first one gave me the high number. The second one asked me what I had in mind and then looked at me like I was nuts when I mentioned the first one's figure. And no, I wish we were anywhere near $1 million, much less two

Anyway, I have realtor #3 coming tomorrow. She just sold a house across the street and down the road from me. I'm not going to name a number to this one. I will let her tell me.

So I sent out resumes today. I called this other agent to come tomorrow. Made a list of things that have to be done to put the house on the market. All I can do it keep trying to move ahead even if it feels like I'm just treading water.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

just wanted to send you a big ((((((hug)))))) wantsout! keep pluggin along.....one day at a time.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hope today is a better one for you-----((((frizzy)))