3/7 Language of Letting Go

Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3/7 Language of Letting Go

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Fulfillment

Everything I need shall be provided today. Everything. Say it, until you believe it. Say it at the beginning of the day. Say it throughout the day.

Sometimes, it helps to know what we want and need. But if we don't, we can trust that God does.

When we ask, trust, and believe that our needs will be met, our needs will be met. Sometimes God cares about the silliest little things, if we do.

Today, I will affirm that my needs will be met. I will affirm that God cares and is the Source of my supply. Then I will let go and see that what I have risked to believe is the truth.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Cynay...........I needed that!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
full of hope

That is so good and so true! It's nice to know we aren't in control and God is...if we'll give up our control and leave Him to it! At our women's meeting Monday night we wrote down our dreams and wishes and hopes, etc and then tied them to helium balloons and went outside and released them back to God to do with what He saw best. It was so moving to me to just symbolically say it's out of my hands.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love that one! Some days I'd like to say everything I WANT I will get today, but it doesn't work that way. :-(
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Such a simple meditation, and yet so true. Hate to admit it but I forget this often and act on my wants and will before I give it over to God.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hey Denny, Instead of saying everything we want maybe we should say everything we need we will get today.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I try, chero, I try :-). I get into lots of trouble when I get hung up on my wants, know what I mean?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
full of hope

Do I ever! Sometimes the list of wants seems soooo long I can't see the end. But lately, I've been trying to stop and just focus on the moment and hmm...you know what? I think I've just been trying (and don't get me wrong, it's been a toughy) to just focus on each moment and say is what I'm doing right now making me happy or fulfilled or satisfied. Is it getting me to where I need to be. Is this thing I'm wanting something that's going to make my life better or easier or just plain make me happy? And sometimes our need is to be happy...content...fulfilled....safe....omg! I'm so rambling here. Sorry. I better see what I've written.
On another note! Thanks for being sooo encouraging to me! You've been a blessing!
Love, Cheryl